Do Poly business people see any practical relate-able expericence

dingedheart

Yesterday had a conversation with a young guy wanting me to become partners in a business venture. My mind went to what would be everyone's responsibilities, time and focus. Once down that road I saw some similarity to a poly partnership in respect to time and focus and attention. How many other ventures does he have going currently.... is he going to explore more later. What happens if that were to occur. Is there practical relate-able experience to be gained form all of this.
Time, money, attention all zero sum games. I think you can plug any poly relationship into this model. Has anyone done this from a business point a view ? ?

Interested to hear what you all think.

I was just listening to a polyweekly podcast yesterday that talked about examining your partners and your partners partners as would you go into business with them? I guess that a lot of the day in day out aspects of running a household are similar in ways to running a business. I don't really have experience with either but I do think it was an interesting comparison.

Some poly relationships operate on a business model, but not so much vice-versa. Mainly because there is no such thing as a "poly-relationship model".

That has been a consideration for me. I'm self-employed and drive a taxi. I've been considering some co-op marketing with a few of the the other drivers in the fleet (we lease from the same taxi company). I've been slow in pursuing those efforts for I have yet to suss out all of the efforts they already have underway and how they'll work with what I'm proposing.

It is very similar to considering a possible partner and how many other partners they have and how difficult scheduling is likely to be and so forth. If another driver has several personal deals that will tie him up quite a bit, he won't have much time available to put into any co-op effort with me.

Yes. :)

Part of my business is part-leasing riding horses out to those riders (usually university students) who can`t afford a horse of their own, or who are to busy to take care of a horse fully.

This means I still use these horses for personal/business use, but they also end up with someone who will part-lease them and enjoy them as well.

My horses are not available for 'hire' by random people. Anyone part-leasing a horse, needs to commit for at least 6 months, preferably a year.

This involves scheduling, and making sure that all of the animals' needs are met between both parties. This means we need to talk and communicate about how the animal is doing, what is new with the animal, and relate to each other, anything of interest or concern.

Rules aka boundaries are set up beforehand. Safety, Times, days, what is allowed, what isnt allowed, responsibilities, etc.

Part-leasing works best, when you have someone who is of a like-mind.

Much of this is quite relatable to poly/open relationships.
Sharing, commitment, communication, care,.....
Skills I already had, didn`t seem foreign, when I started a open relationship.

Back