Ok here goes!

Sorsha

Hi there :)

I'm fairly new to the poly world. A few years ago I didnt even know the word existed. Then my husband met a friend online and they started talking...

Ok let me start from the beginning, my husband and I have a very healthy relationship. We'll be married for 20 years this October. We are each others best friends. We tell each other everything and we're a very fun loving couple. Our oldest daughter will be leaving for college in the fall leaving our 13 year old home. Our family is everything.

Hubby loves to be on the computer and that's where paragraph #1 comes back in. He started talking with a woman online and they got to be friends, I asked about her husband and well things just went from there. I didn't know there could ever be such a thing as a poly relationship. It was exciting an we had fun while it lasted. Unfortunately things fell apart on my husbands relationship end and it had to end. This left me hurt because the feelings were very strong and although we tried to end things well, feelings were hurt.

Time has passed and I'm ready to find another couple to spend time with. The problem is where to find someone and how? I told my husband I would start looking this time and do it on my terms.

We are in Western NY, not too far from PA or OH. Thanks for letting me join :)

Sorsha,
We are in a similar situation actually. We had relationship that ended on not so great terms and I was hurt. We are looking again as well. We have tried most every online dating site as we don't have an active poly community here at this time. We even put an ad on craigslist agains my better judgment. However, we did, for a short time date someone we met from there. We have had to be very selective and muddle through a bunch of non poly pretenders. We have personally met 2 people who responded to our ad. One had no chemistry with us at all. And the other we dated for a short time and had a very fun time with. So, the experience has been average thus far. But we will continue to give it a go.
I will message my friends from your area and have them send you a post. Again, welcome and perhaps we will get the opportunity to meet you soon. We are planning a trip up that way this summer.

Honestly the whole trying again thing is a little scary. I just don't know how to go about. It was just too simple last time and everything fell into place. I told Hubby that I wouldn't go through it again but time heals all wounds.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)
Sorsha

Hello Sorsha,
Welcome to our forum.

I'd recommend our Dating & Friendships subforum to you ... also there's a New York State poly group at:

http://www.thebirdcage.org/

Love is always a risk, so it's a good thing that you've had some healing from past wounds and are ready to try again. I hope you have good luck/love in your future adventures.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back