New Mexico

Santa Fe?

Shouting out to Santa Fe. Any Santa Fe folks around here? :p

I am 1 member of a couple who are looking for our woman. I am a 28/f married with 2 boys. My husband of 8 yrs is 32. I am a bi woman who wants a woman to share my bed and my family. If you know of any plz let me know

Hey New Mexicans! I'm doing a show about poly in your neck of the woods!

I'm going to be in Santa Fe with my show Lust & Marriage next week (April 11th & 12th) and just wanted to invite the locals. You can see a trailer at

http://tinyurl.com/LUSTANDMARRIAGE

and there is more info on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/223151027874200

Hope to see some friendly faces in the audience!

And please stay and say hello afterwards. I believe Mim Chapman is going to do a talk-back afterwards.

Fort Defiance

I live in Fort Defiance, Arizona (which is 7 miles from the NM border). I travel to Albuquerque on occasion, especially if there is a fun-run or marathon.

Looking to expand my loving family.

Any other NM poly folk out there?

My partner of less than a year and I are interested in genuine polyamory. The loving relationships attract me. Building chosen family in this manner would be terrific.

We are very new to the poly ideas, not having met anyone who lives like this. I would think having mentors in the beginning would be helpful. Anyway, I look forward to everything I can lean here in this forum.

Hi EnchantedNM -

I wasn't participating in this forum around the time you posted here about a year ago. I wish I had been; I'd have said hello.

There is a Loving More (polyamory) Meetup group in Santa Fe, but they seldom have activities anymore, as few people have been attending.

http://www.meetup.com/Loving-More-Chapter-Santa-Fe/

Curiously, that group has 72 members, which should be enough to hold regular gatherings of some kind.

Albuquerque has this group -- which has 171 members at present:
http://www.meetup.com/albpoly/ They seem to manage regular small gatherings.

Obviously, Santa Fe and New Mexico are thriving hotspots for poly folk! Just LOOK how busy this thread is! :p:mad:

Huh -- actually, I was just thinking about this.

I moved to Santa Fe, mid-2001. I got Polyamory published in 2004. While it made a minor splash in Minneapolis & a few cities around the country, there was barely even a ripple in New Mexico; a half-dozen Yahoo Group members met me one evening at Second Street Brewery, & it was quite pleasant but I was dazed on antihistamine.

Due to family matters, I moved back to Minnesota mid-2006... & later found out there was a Loving More event (conference? retreat?) that autumn in Santa Fe.

Not sure that I ever heard of Mim Chapman, who apparently started having monthly potlucks back around 2005, & e-published What Does Polyamory Look Like? in 2010.

(Every time I read a review for yet another "groundbreaking book about this controversial new topic!!" -- which IMNSHO was aging nicely when >>I<< wrote about it! -- it's difficult not to laugh.)

My publisher (Crossquarter/Fenris, out of Santa Fe) has been poking at me for years to do a "plain talk" communication bootcamp for polyfolk, & I've always kinda shrugged it off with "find me twenty people who'd pay for that, & we'll talk." Thus far, nothing's happened, so I figure that's indicative of something. :rolleyes:

I lived in New Mexico for most of 2006 thru most of 2013. Does that count? :) I'm very fond of that state.

I lived in New Mexico for most of 2006 thru most of 2013. Does that count? :) I'm very fond of that state.

Sure it counts! For something.

I love the land here, and the mountains. It's a bit dry much of the time, however, and there isn't much surface water, and most of the surface water is brown, sadly. But there are the clear mountain streams and lakes!:)

Indeed there are. :D

And don't tell anyone, but I love the abundant sunshine there.

New to site

Came across this site today just to find a definition of polyamory.
Interested in finding a female to engage in some communication.
Will offer some background as to why, later.

South New Mexicans?

Any one in the south of NM? Even several and we could have a meet. Writing has its place but face to face has an even greater impact/dynamics which adds to a discussion.

I was acquainted with a couple of ladies who live/d in southern New Mexico, but I didn't get contact info and sadly forgot their names. I'm really bad at remembering names.

Back