Leeds, West Yorkshire

Somegeezer

Hey guys. I was wondering how many people are around or able to get to Leeds in West Yorkshire [you know, up north]... I was just feeling a group of us could get together and go for coffee or something one afternoon. I'd love to meet some poly people face to face and get to know them, as I don't yet know anybody within the poly community. Reply here or send a PM my way if you're interested and Hopefully, we can make an afternoon of it or something. =]

Hi everyone is any1 from leeds or west yorkshire alot of the people on this site seems to be from down south dont get me wrong nothing wrong with people down south.
Actually, the majority of them are from the US and Canada. But yes. A lot of the English people round here are southern.

A welcome to you. =]

I live in Leeds. Just registered to say I would be up for this..
That's great. Hopefully more people will bring interest to it.

Leeds Group

Hi there - I am up for this too! Would like to meet some likeminded people.
Dave

This sounds like we could at least have enough people to fill a table now haha.
I'd be up for it, certainly. Where would be the best place to meet then?
x.S.x

It'll be great to get something sorted. Even if difficult, I'm sure we could work out something. =]

In Leeds in November

Hello I will be in november in Leeds

I will be happy to meet polyamory people

Jean-François (from Paris)

Hi All
New to this, and I am up in Leeds for tonight and tomorrow night. Would really like to meet up to discuss Poly or just meet and discuss anything really! I am staying in Leeds central but can get to anywhere really.
Maybe a starbucks or something?

Yes

Is this thread stil going. Am in Leeds, been thinking of polyamory for a while now but can never find anyone in Leeds.

Is this thread stil going. Am in Leeds, been thinking of polyamory for a while now but can never find anyone in Leeds.
Hey there, Kayleight. I have to say, that I've not been lucky enough to find a whole lot of people in or around Leeds, either. It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.

However, I hope that you join in with the site here, and have a read, and join in with some discussions. Many of the users here have been a huge help for me in the past. =]

Enjoy.

Hey there, Kayleight. I have to say, that I've not been lucky enough to find a whole lot of people in or around Leeds, either. It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.

However, I hope that you join in with the site here, and have a read, and join in with some discussions. Many of the users here have been a huge help for me in the past. =]

Enjoy.

We have a lot of people in London too. Also there is a Manchester meet up too.

We have a lot of people in London too. Also there is a Manchester meet up too.
London isn't even close to being north, and is a terrible place in general. ;P As for Manchester, I've certainly heard that there are meetups there, but have never seen much happen with them. Seems to be one of the best places up this way for those willing to travel a little, though.

London isn't even close to being north, and is a terrible place in general. ;P As for Manchester, I've certainly heard that there are meetups there, but have never seen much happen with them. Seems to be one of the best places up this way for those willing to travel a little, though.

Are you for real? I was responding to your claim that
It seems that a lot of the more well-known polyamorists in England, are around the Bristol area.

This has not been my experience as a Londoner (and I would thank you for not slating my city, even in jest.) Perhaps if you offered up Manchester initially instead of talking about all the well known Poly people in Bristol you could have saved me bothering to respond at all.

Good Grief.....

Are you for real? I was responding to your claim that

This has not been my experience as a Londoner (and I would thank you for not slating my city, even in jest.) Perhaps if you offered up Manchester initially instead of talking about all the well known Poly people in Bristol you could have saved me bothering to respond at all.

Good Grief.....
Unfortunately, your inability to take a humorous statement is lost on me.

I do not offer Manchester as a choice, because what I have seen in terms of poly group activity has been little. Though it seems to be the most popular part of the north of England for poly meetups, -they are still very few in number-.

I also do not offer Bristol as an option. That would be silly compared to offering Manchester first, of course. My statement was purely meant in the form of "the north doesn't have much activity, but the south does. This is unfortunate for us in the north."

Unfortunately, your inability to take a humorous statement is lost on me.

I do not offer Manchester as a choice, because what I have seen in terms of poly group activity has been little. Though it seems to be the most popular part of the north of England for poly meetups, -they are still very few in number-.
"

I did not find it humorous, I found it dismissive and rude, perhaps had you made a good joke I may have found it funny.

Certainly a small Manc community is preferable to zero Leeds activity isn't it? Who are you to decide whether it is worth it to Kayleight? She obviously wants to meet people physically and not just be confined to online activity. Sometimes practical suggestions are more important than showing off how much you know (for example, where all the well known Poly people seem to live.... yeah, ermmmm right!).

I did not find it humorous, I found it dismissive and rude, perhaps had you made a good joke I may have found it funny.

Certainly a small Manc community is preferable to zero Leeds activity isn't it? Who are you to decide whether it is worth it to Kayleight? She obviously wants to meet people physically and not just be confined to online activity. Sometimes practical suggestions are more important than showing off how much you know (for example, where all the well known Poly people seem to live.... yeah, ermmmm right!).
This is a thread about Leeds. Any suggestions for Manchester and London are free to feel at home in their own threads. =]

As the previous user was specifically asking about Leeds, in a Leeds thread, the suggestion of going somewhere else was not a priority in my reply. Now it has been stated, I'm sure they can make that decision when they read here again.

Negativity spreads negativity. Smile, and enjoy your day. ^_^

Back