Redpepper's journey

I see this as going from having a seperate rental suite with a tenant to having a roommate with shared space. Of course I would be chipping in financially.

I'm with Derby, if they want to make an issue of it legally, I'm up for a fight, but I doubt they will.

Excited and nervous. What will happen, how will it be, will all our needs be met, is it going to work? Ohhhh so many questions. :D

Exactly, SNeacail. However will she see that? I don't know. Only if I tell her a roundabout version of what will happen. She wasn't too happy we asked her to leave. She seems happy now though. It depends on if she wants to fight it, I guess. Little does she know she can get it through the polygamy law here, too. I don't want to tell neighbors too much, as they all could. It's about to become in the spotlight. I'd rather stay quiet and say it's my suite and Mono is moving in with me. The rest is only our business until the law changes.

I guess the only thing I would mention is that you are excited to finally get a studio and a place to set up things that have been in storage for years. You may even mention you have considered putting in a door at some point. Anything more may appear defensive. as if you are expecting a fight. Besides, it's really none of their business.

I guess the only thing I would mention is that you are excited to finally get a studio and a place to set up things that have been in storage for years. You may even mention you have considered putting in a door at some point. Besides, it's really none of there business.

Nice!

So it looks like I am going to say that we are opening up the house and Mono will be our roommate. Mono suggested this and now I just have to check with PN before saying it. Phew...

Last edited:
Hey RP, as long as you are using the space for yourself or your family, you can legally evict. You're going to have a room down there, correct? Your room, you're using it for yourself. :) And it really is none of their business who else lives there. :p

So it looks like I am going to say that we are opening up the house and Mono will be our roomate. Mono suggested this and now I just have to check with PN before saying it. Phew...

Roommate with benefits?:D

I'm so excited I feel like I'm going to bust... I'm letting my mind wander to possibility now...

anyone have a bed they want to give me? ;) :D

Hit up the hotels in the area, see if any are doing refurbs. Usually find 2000$ beds for very very cheap :)...(sometimes free)

RP if you get one from a hotel- BE CAREFUL. The states have a HUGE infestation of bed bugs. We've been lucky so far. But it's nasty!!!! Disinfect the hell out of it before you bring into your house.

RP if you get one from a hotel- BE CAREFUL. The states have a HUGE infestation of bed bugs. We've been lucky so far. But it's nasty!!!! Disinfect the hell out of it before you bring into your house.

We aren't really seeing the same exposure here. :)...

(I work in hospitality so I completely agree, she should be careful, but its been a very small problem here compared to the states)

Back