Not sure what we are classed as

vixen2012

Not that I'm really bothered about labelling myself as such, but I am bisexual. I was bi when I met my now husband and he knew about this as we have a very honest relationship. Sometimes sex with him is amazing, but sometimes we need a little bit of something extra to get things going. So we have other bisexual women involved which means we both get to play kiss cuddle etc. It's not to everyones taste i understand, but it works for us and the other females, and if we both really like the other female, sometimes it becomes a relationship and we are all open and honest with one another. What is this classed as? Is it polyamorous?

A quick run down:

If you're just fucking around, you have an open relationship. If you're fucking around with non-romantic friends, it's FWB--which is part of an open relationship. If you're engaged in building romantic relationships, it's poly.

Note: you can do all of those at the same time. You can also engage in an open relationship for some time while trying to find additional romantic partners, which is also poly.

You are in a nonmonogamous relationship that, when a relationship develops with another woman, qualifies as polyamorous. In that case, it would be a triad, and if the only kind of relationship you are interested in is with other women for both of you to be involved with, we usually call that unicorn hunting (the unicorn being the other woman).

As AT said, you basically have an open relationship, and you can stop there when talking about it if you don't want to get into the specifics. Is it polyamory? If a relationship develops, or if it is the goal, yes. When you do it for fun, it isn't. You can do both, as AT also said.

Either way, you are welcome to ask for advice around here if you have any problems.

Not that I care about labels either, but that's the situation that we (the hubs and I) are developing. I don't want to fuck around, I want a relationship. I want he and I to have a relationship with her and for her to have one with each of us and for us to all have a relationship together.

I have never been in a non-mon. relationship before. This is totally new territory.

Back