Combining

polyq4

Spaminator
I am involved in a fourple and i am going to bring up the idea of the four of us living together. Has anyone else had experience doing this?

I haven't but if you are all comfortable with each other and you are all responsible it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you discuss the logistics like bills and chores and groceries. Nothing ruins a relationship faster than money and maintenance.

Coahbitation

Dude was already sort of living with us when we got together so I don't know that I have much advice to offer.

I remember the big multi-partner cohabitation thread had a lot of good points though:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2349

Good Luck!

JaneQ

Last edited:
How long have you all been involved? That would be the biggest question for me, whether all the dynamics are worked out yet. It can be hard enough to get along with roommates, better not add any tensions into the mix!

It will be almost 4 years now, we have gone through a bunch of ups and downs but now we spend most evenings and weekends together. We slept over there again this weekend.

If you do it, make sure that everyone has some spot for privacy that is their own, if you can.

Depending on how comfy everyone is with a lack of privacy, maybe it won't be a problem? For me, though, I'd go nuts without a door to close between me and EVERYONE at least once in a while.

If you do it, make sure that everyone has some spot for privacy that is their own, if you can.

Yeah, after you tackle the obvious questions of does everyone get along and all that jazz, the biggie that most people overlook is SPACE.

In my last relationship, we had three guys (plus some pets) in a modest three-bedroom, 1.5 bath ranch house and we about killed each other. I cannot even fathom four. :eek:

If you got a really big house, that'll help immensely.

Another option is, both halves of a duplex. Actually, that would be pretty cool.

There are some great threads here on "living together" "moving in" etc. if you look in the tag section. I agree that privacy and ones own space is very important. It has been in our situation of three adults living together in a MFM vee. We went through a long period of time where we mulled over every detail at great length. I am so glad we did, because when we actually moved in together it wasn't as big a deal. You can read about it on my blog around the summer of 2010.

Back