The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

As usual things are a mixed bag. Normally this is cool with me but lately it feels like two steps forward one step back.

Gamerboy and I are at a frustrating stand still. I say I'm done, I've been done for a long time, the damage's been done, I can't, won't, do it again, (can you tell I'm done?). His response is always the same. It'll be different. I won't be possessive and controlling, etc, etc, etc. I don't want all of your time, all of your attention, all of you, just some. I repeat that I've given and he's taken until I was starving and I'm so freaking done. We've had this conversation once or twice a week for the last ten weeks and I could just scream. :mad: There's an expiration date for this little dance and the shared household and it seems that we're racing toward it.

My new friend is a pretty traditional, mono, person which worries me a little but he's also funny, cute and easy to hang out with. We're supposed to go a party with a bunch of his friends on Saturday and I'm freaking out a little. Yeah for insecure moments, ugh.

Excited!

Getting ready to go meet someone for a second date in a little while. We're having drinks together. He left town for business shortly after our first date and contacted me as soon as he got back to arrange to meet again. Finally, someone who is proactive in letting me know he is interested!

He is so very sexy. Looking forward to the smooching...

Getting ready to go meet someone for a second date in a little while. We're having drinks together. He left town for business shortly after our first date and contacted me as soon as he got back to arrange to meet again. Finally, someone who is proactive in letting me know he is interested!

He is so very sexy. Looking forward to the smooching...

So, where can I read about this date, now that you no longer have your blog? :)

I'm experiencing all sorts of different emotions these days. Sadness about saying goodbye to the way a relationship was, with hope for a new beginning. Very deep and loving feelings for my husband. And major excitement because an article I wrote on my poly life just got accepted in a major {my country} magazine! It won't be published until late fall.... but it's a really big deal for me. It's a very open and honest account of my present poly life. Seeing this in print will be.... amazing.

. . . major excitement because an article I wrote on my poly life just got accepted in a major {my country} magazine! It won't be published until late fall.... but it's a really big deal for me. It's a very open and honest account of my present poly life. Seeing this in print will be.... amazing.

WOW!!! Congrats! That is exciting!

I'm doing...okay. Not great, but okay.

Work has kept up a relentless pace. Orders don't stop pouring in. Even with the extra people we added this year we can't seem to keep up with it all. Good news is that we aren't going to be out of a job any time soon. Bad news is that while the push for overtime has slacked, it's still needed.

On the relationship side of things life is also going okay. Not dating anyone again as of now. My wife continues with her dating and is now sort of seeing my ex. I'm okay with it. We broke as friends and stayed in contact, even if she did hurt me (wasn't that she broke it off but how, really). Feeling a little lonely in the personal department, but that's getting better.

Personally I've been making positive progress. Been spending more time talking with friends even if I can't get out as often as I'd like.

I'm feeling a little off center. Every time I think I have a good grasp on things I seem to get knocked off my feet either by my own actions or feelings or by someone else's behavior. It's not happening as often but still happening.

You know when you run into an ex and in a short amount of time their behavior manages to remind you of multiple reasons it didn't work out? yeah, that's my life right now. The upside is I'm in school, and finishing up some odds and ends so I can begin looking for work and Gamerboy found some temp work so we're not sharing space all day everyday.

The good: sister is no longer homeless, is getting food stamps and assistance, and is getting her job back next week... AND is six days clean.

The bad: mom has been diagnosed with a more aggressive form of cancer than what she had the first time (which cost her her right breast). We go tomorrow to find out what her options are.

Crowdsourcing any positivity I can get...

I am a highly-trained secret agent working for the government. BRB someone's at the door.

Feeling frustrated and relaxed at the same time. . . work is finally calming down and I'm going to not be working 12 hour days again for a while, but at the same time, the consumers that I do have are stressing me the fuck out.

I am actually okay. We are taking our children to see Dora the Explorer Live. (Kill me now.) I could do without Dora, but it will be nice to have a family night. Since the show is outside of the area, we are just going to drive down after work, spend the night, attend the show Thursday morning, and head back home. The weekend will be busy, too. We will be in Northumberland for a wedding.

On the poly front, no change. We have our first poly-related therapy session with the doc on Tuesday. DH's list of boundaries is continuing to grow. The latest being that he wants a specified amount of time with no part of poly in our lives. He wants a traditional mono marriage after being in a poly marriage for the past 11 years. The time frame is TBD. These days, I expect a new boundary every day. I digress. I caused this, so I am not in the position to complain.

Last edited:
I'm home with Dude while MrS is away at family camp (with MY family...what can I say? :rolleyes: my family is awesome). I like having alone time with Dude but am anxious because MrS hasn't made his nightly phone call (and I have no way of reaching him except in an emergency). I assume that he is sleeping but...Ack! (I tell myself that there are 6 other responsible adults there and SOMEONE would have called me if there was an issue ... it helps... a little.)

Jane("I-wish-I weren't-so- anxious")Q

As I tried to say before, I am a HIGHLY SECRET HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL Secret Agent for the United States Government...

WHAT DO YOU WANT???? Hold on, i think they're at the door again. Don't those people ever take a VACATION>>>>>>>

the consumers that I do have are stressing me the fuck out.

I COMPLETELY KNOW ABOUT THE CONSUMERS. They are at my DOOR all the time.

Thank i Am not alone.

Dude, I think you left your Verizon van outside my house...

Dude, I think you left your Verizon van outside my house...

SRSLY?!?!?!

I can't believe i accidentally ran over this thread with my measuring wheel.

Anyway, the reason i am calling is: i thought you should know that i am about to make sandwiches out of pastrami, bread, cheese, avocados, mayonnaise, and other things, and i plan to eat them over the next day and a half or two.

I am a firm believer, and no one better dare oppose me, in the Truth of Pastrami as a weapon of self-destruction. But your last meal is impolite and improper the way it should be.

I love mayonnaise more than it would be dulce et decorum to admit. It told me its love for me is equally dysfunctional. If you don't believe me, ask it.

How am I doing? Hungry now. Thanks, BG.

And if you ever find yourself in Montreal, Schwartzes has one of the best pastrami sandwiches ever made. I shredded my feet in new shoes walking there and still had multiple mouth orgasms when I ate the thing.

OK, how am I doing otherwise? Chilling out with my second Madras after a good night around the fire with the kids. Fireflies, bats, bunnies, and an almost-"super"moon made for a nice night.

How am I doing? Hungry now. Thanks, BG.

And if you ever find yourself in Montreal, Schwartzes has one of the best pastrami sandwiches ever made. I shredded my feet in new shoes walking there and still had multiple mouth orgasms when I ate the thing.

OK, how am I doing otherwise? Chilling out with my second Madras after a good night around the fire with the kids. Fireflies, bats, bunnies, and an almost-"super"moon made for a nice night.

Well, yo. After drinking hard cider and working on a corresponding sequel to 99 bottles of beer on the wall called tentatively "one Trillion and nine-hundred-ninety-nine billion, nine million, nine-hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine bottles of Angry Orchard Cider" (what else would a bitter, spiteful first-generation American drink? Budweiser? I should think NOT), i have taken the sage advice of the young lady who works here and thrown the sandwiches on the grill, and i have come to the conclusion that now that gay marriage is legal like in at least three states, that i am aware of, the slippery slope effect is now in effect, and the next thing you will see, mark my words, is humans trying to marry their sandwiches. It isn't fair though, because i am already married to one of my own kind, i would not be allowed to enter into a LEGAL poly marriage with one or more of the sandwiches i created this afternoon.

Soon, everyone on this forum will be spammed with a petition to force the government to allow people to marry their sandwich(es). This quest is a personal crusade of mine, and god help you if you don't think this is the greatest thing since Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers. The Tex Mex ones are ok but the California ones are the shizz.

PS, we have fireflies and stuff where i am at. Plus, we have a pond with about a trillion frogs sitting in a circle going "Gung!" at each other all night. The pond is very small, i would say approximately about oh a trillion square microns, roughly. Give or take afew trillion square angstroms, or maybe nanometers? My scientific notation craps out after about 4 or 5 orders of magnitude. But long story short, there are a lot of fucking frogs Gunging around this pond, and they sound like people makng frog-noises.

If it's a sandwich of your own creation, is there an incest-taboo involved?

Gung!

If it's a sandwich of your own creation, is there an incest-taboo involved?

Gung!

It depends on the "culture" of the sandwich and its family structure.

I did get some avocado on my nipple but someone told me about it so i didn't walk around looking like a fool with avocado stuff smeared on my boobs.

Back