Role Playing Games

omg. I think I'veen my tope ten favorite tabletop, pc and ps2 games all mentioned. Are you sure none of you are near RI or GA? The odds of finding people who are poly and gamers just seems crazy wilde lucky. I want to plaaaaaayyyy.

Am awaiting the arrival of Dragon...something or other. Hoping to have time to actually play. I tend to get a bit lost in the RPGs... :)

Are you sure none of you are near RI or GA? The odds of finding people who are poly and gamers just seems crazy wilde lucky. I want to plaaaaaayyyy.

Based on what I have seen in the poly meetings and online, RPG gamers, techies and artistic types are drawn to poly. I rarely bump into jocks and steel workers LOL!

I'm a big fan of Steve Jackson games in general. I'd have to say my current geeky favorite is Illuminati.

I used to play a lot of first person shooters and strategy games on the computer but lack the tech now for such fun. I'd say my favorite first person aside from the sentimental stuff is Thief. It had great strategy and AI for it's time, though I know the stuff out now could probably kick it's ass.

Last edited:
Age of the Dragons....

Am awaiting the arrival of Dragon...something or other. Hoping to have time to actually play. I tend to get a bit lost in the RPGs... :)

51pkh8ypRtL._AA280_.jpg

I too await the arrival of the Dragons.(releases today)

Just Me,
Tim

I'm a big fan of Steve Jackson games in general. I'd have to say my current geeky favorite is Illuminati.

I (Ben) had the opportunity to meet Steve Jackson at a trade show. :) It was one of the highlights of my game-writing career. :) Yes, I'll admit, I gushed a little. ;)

That's awesome! My brother used to game test for his company, so I got to meet him once at some convention. Gushing was definitely in order :)

Just curious who plays and what you are playing?

I'm not currently playing anything.

I began with wargames and miniatures games over thirty years ago. Got pulled into RPGs in '81. Have done some work in the industry. Am not in any local groups as they want to play mainly D&D 3/3.5/4, and I have no interest in those versions.

Never got into the online stuff. Will play console RPGS with my son.

Am working on a steampunk design with a friend. I'm doing the game engine and she's doing the genre content.

I have found some guys here in the metro who play miniatures, so every couple of weeks we get in some minis play. Mainly modern skirmish rules thus far--lots of "US in Somalia" scenarios. Next up is supposed to be a zombie apocalypse.

Update: Not getting the minis play anymore. Guys started having conflicts with the game night, so it quit happening. They may have restarted, though I've not gotten a phone call.

Last edited:
That's awesome! My brother used to game test for his company, so I got to meet him once at some convention. Gushing was definitely in order :)

Haven't had the pleasure with SJ...or any of the Steves at SFG either. But I was able to get David Pulver down for take your favorite RPG writer to work day.

We have been working on several games (Ben and his compatriots--Bex is the editor, our kids and friends are playtesting) for a few years. The mechanic is basically complete and now it's a matter of attaching all the various gameworld points. However, life has intervened in the lives of all the developers and time is at a premium, so much of it has been put on the back-burner.

On the burner are a fantasy setting, a sci-fi setting, a modern horror setting, a pulp setting, a supers setting, a post apocalyptic setting and a ... hmmm... "everything all mixed together" setting.

It's all at various stages of development and just needs a little impetus on the part of the developers to get them completed.

Rpg

Well I am a RPer so I figured I had better put something. I ST White wolf(old stuff like Vampire the masquerade)LARP,and table top. I am in a D&D v3.5 game. I also DM D&D 2,2revised,3.0,and some 3.5.(D&D 2 is my favorite.) And lastly I play console RPG's. I am such a geek!

I use to play a lot of D&D (about 15-20 years ago). Moved into Rolemaster and Spacemaster from ICE around the same time.

I play a lot of video RPG games. I started with games like Wasteland, Daggerfall and kept with that series up to Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I use to play a lot of MUDS (think text based World of Warcraft). For awhile I coded on a DikuMUD called Arctic.

Moved on to Everquest, City of Heroes, WoW, and Toontown (for the hell of it). I am currently playing Fallen Earth.

I have bene trying to get my wife into playing some D&D again. But I need to find a group nearby that is playing first.

I began with 1st edition D&D back in the early 1970s, and have played every edition since then, including Castles & Crusades. I still have a long-running 1st/2nd campaign.

Blue Rose is a nice poly-based fantasy rpg that is one of my wife's favorites, although she plays in everything I run.

GURPS, of course.

I'm a big fan of science fiction rpgs, so I play Traveller, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape, Doctor Who, Star Wars, etc. I have a long-running Star Frontiers campaign that uses the Alternity system. I try to use my house version of Alternity whenever I can get away with it!

As a player, I have enjoyed Marvel Superheroes, BESM, White Wolf, and all kinds of odd systems. In general, I lean more towards role-playing instead of hack & slash, which heavily influences what I play.

I fully confess to being a total Pokemaniac! When my wife & I had a gf back in 1999, her kids got me hooked on Pokemon. I don't play the card game, just the video games. OK, and I collect all the little toys. My kids are now discovering the game for themselves.

I play computer games when I can, but have managed to avoid getting sucked into any online games so far... although I have watched my friends play City of Heroes a few times and it looks interesting... !

So, to anyone in the Missouri or Kansas City areas, please feel free to come over and game with us! Or join our family, whichever you prefer! :)

To be honest, Fastlymagic was the name of my Orc Hunter in WoW at the time I joined this forum :) That was, however, like half a year ago.

I am, at present, playing Asheron's Call, the MMO I played first, starting in 2002, and have played on and off ever since.

Away from the keyboard, I'm also playing various D&D campaigns with my friends, and have a Vampire: the Masquerade game I used to play, and which I keep promising I'll go back to (I probably wont).

I too await the arrival of the Dragons.(releases today)

Just Me,
Tim

Soooo...what do you think of it so far?

Not a quickie RPG...have to devote a few hours to play. Definitely no less than one hour at a time. The story line alone takes a bit of time. But...reminds me of BG series. Just wish I could have more party members. ;)

So little time -- So many RPG's

Soooo...what do you think of it so far?

Not a quickie RPG...have to devote a few hours to play. Definitely no less than one hour at a time. The story line alone takes a bit of time. But...reminds me of BG series. Just wish I could have more party members. ;)

I haven't even open my Collector's Edition yet. We've been spending all our time (Stormsinger & I) in the Alganon Beta. Might get around to playing DragonAge after the first of the year. If not I might have an unopened edition to sell on Ebay one day. :p

Just Me,
Tim

used to play Everquest with hubby, then was playing Tabula Rasa til they took it away, played Everquest 2 for like a day, played D+D way back in the day, and now currently playing World of Warcraft Horde on Ysera server lvl 80 DK named Sheut

Back