New Member finally posts

Mojoworkin

Hi All,

I have been lurking and reading up since I first came here a few weeks back. My handle is a tip of the hat to McKinley Morganfield, the great bluesman and from what I have read a very kind gentleman.

I am ready to explore the possibility of more than one sweetie again. We both have some prior experience, buts it been a long time. We are both in our 60s. From my reading I suspect that there are not many folks here our age, but that is fine. Live in the Eugene OR area on a beautiful acreage. There is a non active Yahoo poly group for Eugene but I suspect it has died as I have gotten no response, which is a shame.

That is all for know
cheers to all
Mojoworkin

Greetings Mojoworkin,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear your local group fizzled. And don't worry, we have some members in your age range. I myself am pushing 50; others I know are older than me.

I know there's some beautiful country in Oregon, so I have tantalizing visions of the land you live on. Glad to have you on our site, hope you enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. I am also of the older age - glad to see more of our generation around. Eugene OR was one of my choices to move when I sell my home here on the East coast.

I'm actually really glad to see older people on here, and Oregon is indeed gorgeous. I have lived on the west coast most my life and have taken many trips through there. I am envious already of the plot of land you have; it must be breathtaking.

I've only been here a few days but it seems to be a very mature group, I am in Illinois and there's nothing here unless I want to go all the way out to Chicago... meh.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Kevin your presence here is a huge bonus to us new folks, you catch everyone of us, you are a prince!

Betts, if you can put up with our drizzly winters you will likely love it here. I really enjoy the winters here and how the wisps of clouds as small as 1 car garage can just hang on the hill above the trees, or how the fog rolls up and down the hill for an hour or two before subsiding.

Mignonne, I am surprised there is not more community where you are. We lived in Iowa a long time ago and there seemed to be numerous poly folks, of course that was in Iowa City , which is kind of an oasis in the midwest.

Thanks again to all of you for the welcome
m

Back