Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

I went to Redpepper's for lunch today. She was sleeping and I just curled up next to her and experienced her energy in silence. I felt whole in just letting the entities inside us come together and was elated by the completeness I felt. I held her for an hour and then went back to work. This is a beautiful way to communicate, pure and unclouded. I left feeling happy and knowing there is more than one way to calm the aching I have for her.

Peace and love,
Mono

That's beautiful, Mono. ;)

Last night Maca had to fly to Washington. I curled up next to GG, with my head on his arm and went to sleep while he watched an old black and white movie. It was so nice to just curl up, safe and content and, like you said, and feel our love, spirits, and energy meld.

You forgot to mention the love affair that you are having with my cats. See, not so mono! The two cats curled up with us and one put his paw on my nose. Teehee, such loves.

We are going through some strange times lately and I am pushing you beyond measure. You are an amazing man, Mono, for being able to take what I dish out as just being nothing. To you it is sometimes huge. I forget that you have come a long way in understanding me and my life choices. I have to remember that I need to respect that we are very different and sometimes need to be more tactful. (Hey, I'm a Sagittarius. We are not the best at tact.)

We are okay, you and me. It will be okay, because we have moments of clear and consuming love for one another, something rare and wonderful. We work every day to keep that healthy. That is all we can do, all of us together.

You forgot to mention the love affair that you are having with my cats... see, not so mono! .

What can I say? I have a weakness for pussies. :eek:

We are okay you and me. It will be okay, because we have moments of clear and consuming love for one another, something rare and wonderful. We work every day to keep that healthy. That is all we can do, all of us together.

We'll always have love, all of us. :) Nice post, Lilo.

Getting back to basics

Yesterday Redpepper and I sat down for a coffee and a chat. Unfortunately, she spent more time listening than getting to speak LOL! There has been a lot of stuff going on and I wanted to have a time to just let her know all the thoughts that have been circulating in my mind. These are the kind of thoughts that create distance if not shared, which reduces the depth of our connection. Neither of us is happy unless we are at a very deep level, which requires a lot of communication and honesty. I spoke about the journey we are on and its different possibilities. It is at times uncomfortable and embarrassing for me to talk about things that seem repetitive or without reason, but it is incredibly important to broach these topics and reset parts of the foundation of our relationship. We spoke about the positives and negatives, the excitement and hesitation.

I left feeling light and connected. I think she did, as well.

All of us in our chosen family are very big on looking deep into things, sharing and reasoning why we are so sure this was meant to be. This is a lot of work, but it is who we are and why we are so sure that taking care of each other is meant to be our path.

Thank you for sharing that. It's good to be reminded that there's nothing wrong with re-opening a discussion that you've had a hundred times before, just to make sure you're all still on the same page. This is something my husband and I struggle with: if we work something out once, we tend to think of it as having been dealt with, but sometimes things sneak out and I realize that I don't have complete closure with this or that issue.

Redpepper, Polynerdist, another good friend and I went out to a burlesque show last night. It was the first time I had seen one and it was great fun! I've seen plenty of "stripping," having had 20 years in the navy, so I wasn't sure what this would be all about. The show was great and we all enjoyed ourselves. Afterwards, we hit the dance floor and felt some of that old pure energy and fun we did a long time ago. It was a reminder that there is a lot of simple things we enjoy as a family, couple and as individuals. I dropped Redpepper off feeling extremely connected and in love with her.

Thanks for a great night Redpepper, Polynerdist and our other friend. You guys sure have embraced this nono vanilla cracker.

Peace and love,
Mono

Last edited:
Long story short, I have a bunch of online friends. We all read the same webcomic. (I've met some of them.) For the 1st time, the subject of poly came up on twitter. A bunch of us "came out." (We weren't hiding it. It just wasn't something that had come up before.) Now there's a Google Wave, 10 of us, some poly, some not, all discussing it in a friendly, open, and accepting manner. It puts a big smile on my face to know friends of mine are so open about it!

This is great news, my friend. There is a freedom in simply being able to speak in a safe and accepting environment. I'm glad you've found another one.

Mono

What a weekend, so far!

Thursday was the official start to our weekend. Redpepper, Polynerdist and I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow forum member for the first time face-to-face. She was engaging and beautiful and we look forward to getting to know her even more. She joined us at our monthly poly meeting and then we all went out for a quick drink and chat. It was an early night for us, as Redpepper and I had to catch a ferry to visit yet another forum member for the first time face-to-face. He also turned out to be an inviting, incredibly friendly and like-minded person who we had the privilege of spending the better part of an afternoon with.

While we were gone, Polynerdist spent the afternoon with the first new friend. (I am keeping both their online identities out of this post, in respect for their right to privacy. If they are ok with speaking up, that is their choice.)

Redpepper and I spent the night at another poly friend's house and spent the next day with her.

We packed a lot in during our day and night away. Discussions abounded, from thoughts of the future to our idea of poly community and what that concept means.

We returned home to a very welcoming and happy Polynerdist and son. Tomorrow we are having a couple over for supper. They are new to the idea of practicing poly and being able to simply listen to their concerns and give our support as friends with experience is proving to be very fulfilling.

This is an exciting and pivotal time in many ways. Friendships are being formed, plans for the future are moving forward and we are connected as a couple and as a family. Very cool!

It was my honour to meet you two and spend that afternoon, solving the problems of the world, and drinking some really good coffee ("OSO Negro" if I recall correctly! ;) ).

Conversation was great and being able to put faces and voices to online names was great. It's such a great shame that we live on opposite sides of the continent, because I would love to do it again, and soon, and for the two of you to meet the others in my relationship.

Last night Redpepper and I went to an erotica show to support the PEERS program (essentially sex worker health/education/assistance). We had a great time and a chat with a friend of mine who now does burlesque shows. I think a seed has been planted in Redpepper's mind about doing burlesque. ;)

While we were there, I got a friendly and unexpected message from my ex-wife, offering me the opportunity to pick up tools, books and essentially anything else I want, as she is selling the house. This was very exciting to me, because when I left I only felt the need to take my bike, truck and my torque wrench. She even seemed open to having Redpepper come by with me to help.

Before the show, RP and I went to visit a local leatherworker to order her a belt as her b-day gift from her husband. Redpepper shocked her a bit when she mentioned that she had a husband and a boyfriend. She was cool and it was funny for all of us, I think. We're gearing up for a big public BDSM event later this month. I am sooo in for it! :)

Other things have been happening, as well, with respect to possible new connections for RP and Polynerdist. It is not my information to talk about beyond that, but is very cool.

On the weekend, we got together with a couple working through an affair and exploring poly. It was one of the most relaxing visits I have had, natural and without any agenda. I was sitting on the couch very close to Polynerdist. RP sat on the floor. I was very aware of a sense of brotherhood with him and a true sense of family for all of us.

There is some very positive energy swirling around lately, bringing with it a sense of possibility and excitement. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Redpepper, Polynerdist, a good friend and I went out to a burlesque show last night. It was the first time I had seen one and it was great fun!

Ooh, burlesque shows are fun! I performed in one here on my wee island a few months ago.

JonnyAce said:
and now there's a Google Wave with 10 of us, some poly, some not, all discussing it

That's so cool!

MonoVCPHG said:
While we were gone, Polynerdist spent the afternoon with the first friend. (I am keeping both their online identities out of this post in respect for their right to privacy. If they are ok with speaking up, that is their choice.)

I guess that would be me. And you're not keeping both their identities out of this post, seeing as you mentioned Polynerdist, silly. ;)

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not incredibly shy and a tad overwhelmed, but I'm also feeling very loved and welcomed and safe. So, *ahem*, yes, that would be me.

There were about a zillion thoughts going through my head last night. Okay, maybe 20, but that's still a lot. I've written, rewritten and deleted a few posts.

I have to go work, but I'm sure there will be a lot to share in the next while. I'm very grateful to have found the poly group and to have met Mono, RP and PolyNerdist.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not incredibly shy and a tad overwhelmed, but I'm also feeling very loved and welcomed and safe. So, *ahem*, yes, that would be me.

I totally did not get that impression. How could anyone not welcome you?

OSO is from Nelson? Cool!

I hope that came out right. I meant that you are an easy person to welcome. We had a wonderful time chatting with you, RolyPoly.

Back