Hello to all!!

SP3ARbit

Hi there! Me and my husband have been married for two years but together for six. We have two lovely kids. We are slowly opening up our marriage. We are both shy and may end up being more talk than action, but I'm doing my research and talking things to death so that if the situation becomes more than fantasy, we will be prepared. We began a relationship with a woman that ended pretty quickly. Her life was a mess and she wasn't sure that this is what she wanted at the time. But between us two, things went pretty smoothly. You can read all you want but nothing beats exprience. Although the relationship didn't last long, everything about it was pleasant and it was an encouraing experience. We are from a small town Oklahoma, so I had never heard anything like this discussed and have no idea how to meet people without scaring them away. So I'm very happy we found this site for info and advice as we ever so slowly begin our journey into polyamory. And I just want to say WOW! Lots of new terminology and abbreviations to learn. Probably won't post much unless I find some hidden bravery, but I will be diligently reading everyones story. I'm very excited to see where this road leads :D

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there are a lot of folks out there doing this, and it has its own terminology, because standard monogamous models don't work to describe some of the relationships and issues that we have.

Do you know if there is a local poly group close to you? The absolute best way of getting to know folks that "get it" is to go to some of these. There is a Yahoo Group specific to your state at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OKPoly but I can't speak for how active it is - maybe they arrange get-togethers.

Good luck!

Hi SP3ARbit,
Welcome to our forum.

CielDuMatin has the right idea, try that local poly group and see if they're at all active. Also this site has a "Dating & Friendships" board (you can use the "Forum Jump" menu, bottom of this page, right hand side, to get to it), posting and lurking there might aid in your search.

In the meanwhile, keep that research up, it will serve you well when the time comes!

Regards,
Kevin T.

We are a married couple from a small town as well. It's very hard for us to find men that understand the lifestyle and would be ok in forming A committed loving relationship with my wife and would be willing to share that relationship with me.

Back