My Little Intro

willowstar

Hello to the boards!

I go by the name Willow online, and I am a 40-ish married bi woman with kids and I work in women's healthcare. I have been married to my DH for 17 years, he knew I was poly when we met and before we got married. My DH has never had a poly relationship, and is more quiet and introverted than I am. He is open to all of this, although he struggles more with jealousy than he would like. With a few minor exceptions, we have lived a mostly mono life together, raising our family. I always expected that a poly relationship for me would include another woman, but things have not worked out that way. :)

As it turns out, life has other plans for us and I am currently navigating a new relationship with a man whom I have known for 30 years. We met before high school, were close friends and even occasional lovers in high school. We recently reconnected and are exploring our relationship options, since we found out that our feelings for each other never really went away. He is also from a mono background, although he is open and very accepting of my poly-ness. He is also married, and his wife knows about our relationship, but they are in a "dont ask dont tell" kind of place. This is a whole other thread... LOL

Before meeting my current husband, I was previously married and involved in a poly quad for about 18 months. It was a wonderful experience, and worked well for a while until we all realized that our marriages were not working out for various reasons. So, we all split apart, and went our separate ways. To my knowledge, I am the only one still practicing poly. :)

So, in a nutshell, I'm a poly woman finding myself involved with two mostly mono-minded guys who are fabulous and who make me happy in so many ways. There are obstacles we are still negotiating, (when are there not?), but all in all life is good for me right now.

Thanks for being here and listening!
Willow

Hi Willow,
Welcome to our forum.

Now I've got the "My Little Pony" theme stuck in my head. :) "My Little Intro, My Little Intro. Ah-ahh-ahh-ahh ..."

It sounds like your current situation has its ticks and quirks, but it seems to be working pretty well so far. Have a look around on our site, and see what thoughts or questions you might want to post.

Life is always full of surprises. I hope all (or at least most!) of your surprises will be good ones. Glad to have you aboard.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks Kevin!

Love your quote, by the way... :)

Willow

Back