Poly social networks

Makki

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what recommendation people had for social networks. starting with the independent to facebook groups, to anything else you use.

Are you suggestion that we start a fb group? I mean there are groups for everything else on there. I think the would fine, I think the only thing we would have to worry about is privacy. With poly there is privacy issue. I am still very new to this, but I know people may be look down on or even disowned by others for poly, which is unfair. The thing about poly a lot of people do not seem to understand is that its about love.

If that isn't what you had in mind, what were you talking about? :)

I was just wondering what recommendation people had for social networks. starting with the independent to facebook groups, to anything else you use.
I use this site, and the forum in my sig for the local stuff (like meet-ups).

I have tried some of the poly discussion areas on some other sites (like OKCupid and Fetlife) but the tone of the places just didn't suit me.

Since I'm not "out" to a lot of folks, Facebook is a little too risky for me to be too open there.

I read here and occasionally on Polyamorous Percolations (polyamoryonline.org) as a guest. In the old days I read alt.polyamory on UseNet. I signed up for a profile on Polymatchmaker - but don't go there often (since I am not "actively looking" for new partners - same reason I don't have an OKCupid account).

JaneQ

Thanks for all the suggestions Guys, I'll give them a little shout.

I would always prefer face-to-face interaction but that's kinda difficult as I live in saudi arabia and watering-holes, mixing of the sexes, and such activities are not allowed in public. :D

secret facebook group

There is a poly facebook group that is secret, if you are a member no one but other members of the group know. If you post in the group it doesnt tell anyone else that you have. If you are interested you can either ping me or redpepper.

This would involve trusting Facebook's ever-changing privacy policies. They don't necessarily have a stellar track record in this regard, so I am very cautious.

I am part of the facebook group for my state's poly group. i was a bit wary joining because while i'm out to a lot of people - i don't want to risk my professional life.

However its a closed/private group - nothing shows up on my wall so that's nice. and i'm mainly in it for the knowledge of when the next local meet is happening, because that's always fun to go to.
If i want to post, i come here. [especially since my ex-best friend, who is definitely, without a doubt, 100% monogamous - decided to join the group when my fDP accidentally added the groups leader as a friend-who's name is the same as the group. absolutely ropable. i've since blocked her, but she's already tried to ruin me financially in the past, not risking her having more 'ammo' :mad:].

Hope this is allowed, kind of a shameless plug I guess... mypolyplace.com we have been around for 2 weeks and just hit 250 members...

Back