My husband is in NRE

whatamIdoing

and I'm so excited for him!

He met a woman....She explained to him why this life works... he's STARTING to get it.

he never ever thought he'd want to be poly but she is poly.... her husband's GF is a former schoolmate of my husband's...

I haven't met any of them yet but she sounds wonderful....

we just got back from a fabulous weekend together... and he was off and running to her with my encouragement and blessing as they will not have any time together in the next 2 weeks...

Amazing how his meeting the right person at the right time has really solved all my former problems (and probably created a whole host of new ones I don't even know about yet)

I always liked this community but our life didn't quite fit... now it 'looks like we just might be able to be here....

Good for you. I hope I can be as enthusiastic. I'm trying and most of the time I'm cool, like when she sent him a Valentine's card for the first time and he was over-the-moon. Even though when I broached the subject of Valentine's I initially got "horrible, commercial hum bug"

My partner is deeply in love with a woman who has until now kept him at a certain distance because he is in a relationship with me. I've had to work with her at a pace which for me is painfully slow, for her to feel confident enough to open up to him. She is now doing it more and more and while he's not exactly in NRE (their relationship is ten years old), he does get incredibly excited each time she moves closer to him. I suppose I feel a bit like a Push-me Pull-you on Dr Dolittle. I have to push her towards him in a way and then I have to overcome my own natural instincts to want to pull him away.:confused:

Good for you. I hope I can be as enthusiastic. I'm trying and most of the time I'm cool, like when she sent him a Valentine's card for the first time and he was over-the-moon. Even though when I broached the subject of Valentine's I initially got "horrible, commercial hum bug"

My partner is deeply in love with a woman who has until now kept him at a certain distance because he is in a relationship with me. I've had to work with her at a pace which for me is painfully slow, for her to feel confident enough to open up to him. She is now doing it more and more and while he's not exactly in NRE (their relationship is ten years old), he does get incredibly excited each time she moves closer to him. I suppose I feel a bit like a Push-me Pull-you on Dr Dolittle. I have to push her towards him in a way and then I have to overcome my own natural instincts to want to pull him away.:confused:

I gotta tell you I had no IDEA how excited for him I would be. NO CLUE. I really thought I'd be jealous... and I still might be later on... but only because he gets way more time with his GF than I get with my BF and his comfort level is not nearly as high as mine....

This relationship and the WHOLE IDEA of poly is so new to my DH..... he's terrified.

Back