No longer the unicorn

Obviously none of us will ask him to lie to his dad, so there is that tiny concern that his dad will find out and make trouble for us. But naw<3 his response has lit up my whole day!!!
I'm about to go to my favourite [6-year-old] girl's house and I know what you mean by them making your day. However I'm a bit worried. How friendly are M and her ex? Would he try to make trouble if he knew? What are the custody courts like there? My best Oz friend's father threatened to wrest custody of his grandson if he ever found out that she was lesbian. She was and is, but perhaps her father never found out for sure. At any rate, her son lived with her until old enough to move out.:):):)

I'm about to go to my favourite [6-year-old] girl's house and I know what you mean by them making your day. However I'm a bit worried. How friendly are M and her ex? Would he try to make trouble if he knew? What are the custody courts like there? My best Oz friend's father threatened to wrest custody of his grandson if he ever found out that she was lesbian. She was and is, but perhaps her father never found out for sure. At any rate, her son lived with her until old enough to move out.:):):)

They're not friendly at all.

We haven't gotten official legal advice yet, but from what I can ascertain, we won't lose custody. Our courts are very into 'what's best for the child', which would means psych watching our interactions with master 7, and affidavits etc. And we would look better to the courts...despite the poly aspect. I'm relatively certain of it.

But it's always a fear for us I guess. It's not nice not being friendly :-(
I'm just as worried that master 7 may tell someone at school and get picked on for being differnt, so we've tried to explain to him not to tell people outside our family.

I typed up a whingey post yesterday. but luckily just previewed, not saved/posted it.
Its been a hard weekend.

I'm under a lot of stress for uni, M had some kind of tummy bug (that we keep calling man flu behind his back :p ), H had a really weird period which was very reminiscent of the multitude of uterine infections she had after little miss 9months ago. We ended up in hospital last night for a few hours. But so far nothings turned up, and she is a lot better - so is M for that matter.

Plus i have had a really bad UTI, and the hospital wouldn't help me last night (because it wasn't pregnancy related...H's issue was still potentially related to her birth) :mad: But i have done every single dr-free thing to fix it, and its almost gone now. Still have a migraine, but whatcha-gonna do.

So since its been a painful-crotchety week for all of us, M and i had our first day of snapping at each other. I understood for most of the day that it was just him being sick and grumpy, and was fine with that, but he made some stupid comment which implied that a $2 disposable product was more important than me getting better, and it was, yucky. i cried on him for about half an hour in the shower last night.

I keep reminding myself (well, H keeps remind me...and M) that its my first real relationship, and i'm not always good at expressing what i need. and he's a grouch and i run from conflict.

Its also almost 11pm, and little miss 9months old is still wide awake :rolleyes: trying to remind her that a. she needs sleep, and b. neither the laptop nor the apple chargers are teething toys. :p

Hugs!

Please try and see a doctor about the UTI and get some anti-biotics if necessary. The uni should have a health clinic that should be able to help you.

It sounds like you actually have a great tribe surrounding you. We are all entitled to the occasional meltdown now and again.

Its also almost 11pm, and little miss 9months old is still wide awake :rolleyes: trying to remind her that a. she needs sleep, and b. neither the laptop nor the apple chargers are teething toys. :p

Good luck with that! :p

Finally called a locum out tonight. I'd been getting better, i thought uti was gone - but it came back, and i just couldn't deal anymore. Enjoying my countries health care.
Finally accepted i need antibiotics (this might be a good place to mention that, while i don't use homeopathics etc - i do tend to try to avoid mainstream meds until they're completely necessary.).

I've spoken with M and H about the fact that i do not feel like the meds are doing anything good for me though, and we've agreed that since we can't find my script for anti-anxiety medication, we'll see how i go over the next week while we try to find it. But i'm going to come off the pill. I've got several pregnancy symptoms (sore, larger boobs, possibly the uti, spotting) but they could also be chalked up to the pill. either way, i'm not coping with the loss of my sex drive anymore.
We're just going to have to try and be careful and see what can be done to prevent a pregnancy LOL. because i do not want a baby right now (well i do and i don't - but the fact that there's still that wishy washy 'hormones are ruling my brain' aspect means that i'm continuing on the 'no' side of my decision).

Fingers crossed i get rid of my uti, avoid the thrush that is almost certainly headed my way :rolleyes: and avoid a pregnancy.

Oh and its my birthday next weekend :D so going to also have my fingers crossed that i have a libido again by then LOL

[...] this might be a good place to mention that, while i don't use homeopathics etc - i do tend to try to avoid mainstream meds until they're completely necessary.
I'm with you on that, but I'd have capitalised the COMPLETELY.
[...] because i do not want a baby right now (well i do and i don't - but the fact that there's still that wishy washy 'hormones are ruling my brain' aspect means that i'm continuing on the 'no' side of my decision).
Excellent call!!! Get done the things that you need to do before you "tie yourself up" with a baby.
Oh and its my birthday next weekend :D
I Googled "Wie schön, dass du geboren bist" [How lovely, that you were born] from a German birthday song which I much prefer to "Happy Birthday To You", but decided to swap it for "schön das es dich gibt" [lovely, that you exist] from this. Who dares tell me that it's impossible to be romantic in German?! And - for your birthday present - I'm going to translate the lyrics for you:eek::

Take my dreams as true coin,
Feast on fantasies.
I've caught myself in you,
Don't know how it happened to me.
Warm me with your voice,
Lay me to rest in your arm,
Hold me, just a little
Until I can fall asleep

I feel safe with you
Bet my heart on you.
I want to enjoy every moment,
For it to last forever.
With you the leaning's good,
There's overflowing happiness.
Complete surrender to you,
I find solace with you.

I'm beside myself with joy,
I want to sink slowly with you.
Thoughtless, carefree, weightless... lose myself in you.
Cover me up with tendernesses, [tuck me in with tendernesses like a blanket]
Storm me, the night is short.
Peaceful, crazy with love, overwhelmed by you:
Lovely that you exist.

Come tell me something, ["tell me" as in "tell me a story"]
Chatter away to me.
I want to sate myself listening to you,
Always be with you.
Fill my tank with life,
Leave me in your arms.
Hold me, just a little,
Until I can fall asleep.
Hold me, so that I can sleep.

(It's nicer in the German.:eek::eek: Be flexible and apply poly to the sentiments.)

Last edited:
Haha, quick reply! I'm German speaking...so German lyrics are SOOO much prettier, totally agree! I love both those songs <3

You just totally made my day *sob* :D German can be super sexy and romantic! Provided I can't hear it spoken in my parents accent :p

Back