Guys who shave... down there

"but does size matter?"

Contrary to what some would say, my wife and our girlfriend both agree and say "yes it does". :confused:

I prefer the middle sized ones. Bigger isn't always better.:D

My hubby luv does, started shaving a couple of years ago. We both love it. the key is to use to lotion on your skin everyday.

OMG how odd to find this..

Hubby is au natural but J shaves from just below his nipple line to just past his groin.. totally. I'm not CRAZY about it... I would prefer trimmed to shaved but it's his choice.

His take on it is that he's very hairy and feels his partner should not have to deal with the forest.

I wish I could afford regular brazillains... I can't. so I've taken to shaving. I used to do a poodle cut but now I shave it all...

I like to keep my gear trimmed for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it's hella uncomfortable after fighting for three hours in 90 degree heat if it's a forest down there... to the point that it's actually distracting. Getting pubes caught in your zipper after using the bathroom is also NEVER fun, and most of the ladies I've been with prefer it trimmed, at least.

As far as shaving goes... sure, it's fun in the beginning. Until it starts growing back in again, and then the horrific itching begins and there's no way I know of to stop it. Shaved two or three times, I don't see it happening again short of a request from certain specific women in my life.

I bought a Schick Quattro bikini shaver for women, for $12 and it works great.
I have the shaver, after a friend of mine did the research and came up with it being the best shaver... its awesome. I don't trim, everything has to go...After several years of shaving it takes 2 mins and no need for lotions etc... its all in the routine. ;)

PN is the only hairy one between all my loves... he loves hair. Too bad for him that I am not. His boyfriend was... and his last girlfriend. Poly leaves room for everything!;)

(I can't believe this thread is so long!)

Last edited:
Men need to at least shave their balls :eek: (I cana't believe I posted that)

But see, that's the part that I think is the weirdest to shave! Besides, it seems like it'd be difficult.

I mean, it's like culture shock for me. I'm married for over ten years to a pretty hairy guy, before which had never been with a man who shaved. That would've been extremely odd back then. It was even kind of kinky and unusual back then for women to shave without at least leaving some little patch there. I only started doing it myself recently but I can't bring myself to go completely bald (seems silly to me, I think a nicely shaped and trimmed patch looks better).

BUT NOW!!! Since becoming single again, manscaping seems to be the trend, and four men I've been with shave or wax everything. I could see trimming but shaving everything? Smooth gonads that show every wrinkle? They're so weird-looking! And when the pants come off and that's what I see, my first thought is, "What? Another one?" I like how it all feels, but it's like I've been transported to an alternate universe!

Men need to at least shave their balls :eek: (I cana't believe I posted that)

That is the most dangerous part! They move around, so the razor never has 'stable footing', if you take my meaning. Very Tricky....

:eek::eek::eek: Very tricky topic all round. You don't have to use an electric razor!!Let me try and put this discreetly. That region can be very pleasurable all around but not if one is choking on pubes

:eek::eek::eek: Very tricky topic all round. You don't have to use an electric razor!!Let me try and put this discreetly. That region can be very pleasurable all around but not if one is choking on pubes

I'd LOVE to be able to use an electric razor down there :) I can't cut myself with that.

Now that I think about it, I can say that if I could use an electric for that, I'd be far more likely to keep things shaved. Far easier to keep up on the maintainance that way, and no fear of my inherent clumsiness causing catastrophic results.

Now that I think about it, I can say that if I could use an electric for that, I'd be far more likely to keep things shaved. Far easier to keep up on the maintainance that way, and no fear of my inherent clumsiness causing catastrophic results.

I've heard electric razors pull, because the skin is so stretchy.

Continue to fear! :p

Sorry, but a little bit of pulled hair just doesn't inspire the same kind of fear in me that the idea of bleeding from the scrotum does.:eek:

I guess it comes down just how hairy you are down there but I have it on good authority that one does it very carefully with a safety razor, holding precious vessels gently but firmly as one proceeds.;) It should also be noted that said authority is extremely risk adverse and wouldn't partake in anything that put any part of his body at unnecessary risk.

This is very worthwhile skill to perfect, but if it continued to be a problem you could always ask someone very trusted and careful to have a go. Women are quite skilled at getting into delicate regions:)

Last edited:
Here is a helpful guide to shaving that I found on sexuality.org. It recommends using rubbing alcohol afterward, but I use witch hazel (Tucks pads). Very helpful.

http://www.sexuality.org/l/fetish/shaving.html

Shaving Info

Basic Steps:
  1. If you have long pubic hairs, trim hair with clippers or scissors. Electric clippers are best for this purpose.
  2. Take a long, warm bath beforehand.
  3. Before applying shaving cream, rinse area with cool water.
  4. Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional conditioners or aloe.
  5. Be sure to use a sharp blade. You might try using two new blades if you are shaving a large area.
  6. When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. On the first stroke, go "with the grain" to remove most of the hair, then go "against the grain" for a smooth, close shave.
  7. Be sure to clean the area afterward with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection. Ideally, give the area a second cleansing using cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
  8. Some people find daily applying of baby powder or talcum powder especially helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.
  9. Practice clean hygiene after shaving, washing the area at least once a day to reduce sweat and oil build-up.
  10. Go as long as possible between shavings to reduce skin irritation.
A few warnings:
  1. People who allergic and react to some shaving creams: This area seems to have heightened sensitivity. Furthermore, if it does react, your natural sweat and the natural abrasion this area receives will most likely make your life a living hell [temporarily]. Consider avoiding shaving all together, or try warning tip #3. If you do decide to shave this area, make sure you use hypoallergenic shaving cream.
  2. People with sensitive skin may wish to avoid shaving for the same reasons. Again, if you chose to shave, consider shaving cream made for sensitive skin and use a hypoallergenic moisturizer afterward.
  3. Consider closely trimming your hair instead. It provides many of the benefits of shaving without all the risks!
  4. Letting hair grow out after shaving your pubic area is a bitch. The sharp hairs combined with the sensitive skin will make you realize just how much movement happens in that area on an average day. Chaffing is nearly unavoidable.
  5. Keeping #4 in mind, people who walk/run/exercise a lot might wish to skip shaving all together if you don't want to invest the time in regular shavings.

Last edited:
Never use a really sharp razor...when they are too dull for your face, demote them to the southern frontier. Do it dry or you'll get too close. Do it every day and it takes barely a minute.

Never fear...a few nicks won't kill ya :eek:

I keep myself completely shaved in my groin area... Not really sure my reasoning. I've pretty much been doing it since, oh let's see, 7th grade? 13 or 14? Something like that. Never really know why, but I too like the way it feels. It's definitely more sensitive.

Back