fluid bonding/bareback

I get Hepititis B and C, as well as an HIV test every 6 months just so I can fight in MMA matches. I have to get other tests so that I can have fights with other women. :p LOL

There's a Hep A and B vaccines now, so they can be easily avoided, thankfully.

Unfortunately the Hep C one probably won't come until 2018 at the earliest.

Speaking of being 55 and non-mongamously sexually active, I am horrified at stats I read about seniors not bothering with condoms, and getting diseases. So dumb! Do they really think the only use for condoms is for pregnancy protection?

Speaking of being 55 and non-mongamously sexually active, I am horrified at stats I read about seniors not bothering with condoms, and getting diseases. So dumb! Do they really think the only use for condoms is for pregnancy protection?
No, I think that most of them figure that if they get something that's not cureable, they'll die soon anyway, so it's no biggie. :rolleyes: Stupid!

Many, many doctors said they would only do it to a woman who was:

- married
- had kids (some doctors said 2, some doctors said 4)
- older (some doctors said 30, some said 35, some even said 40. At this point you might as well wait for menopause!)

Doctors are extremely reluctant, they keep emphasizing that it's permanent, and "what if you change your mind in a few years?". It's really annoying because having a child is permanent as well, and changing your mind in a few years has worse consequences.

Indeed!

If someone were to get Essure, and then change her mind, having children is not impossible; just quite a bit more difficult and expensive: in vitro fertilization. The eggs are retrieved with a needle, transvaginally, and the embryos are transferred back a few days later. If one or more implants, you're pregnant.

MT

My husband and I have been fluid bonded since we first had coitus. We have a latex policy in place for any genital contact involving other people, including manual stimulation and oral, and obviously intercourse. We have an agreement that if everyone gets retested (us for fairness, them for our peace of mind) then we can drop latex for manual and oral, but not intercourse. For fisting, latex really helps to smooth things out, take away rough spots and edges on the hands, so we use do use gloves for that, although there's no fluid exchange. It's just kinkier that way ;)

I've only had two other partners with whom I didn't always use condoms. The first was my first, we used condoms initially then both got tested and did away with them. My second was a few years later, again after getting tested. I used a diaphragm with spermicidal jelly for birth control. Boy was that an ordeal, but it worked.

Now I'm on the pill continuously in order to inhibit menstruation, which my gyno and family doc both support. Love it! I had really heavy and painful periods, and I don't miss them one tiny bit. I suspect they do reduce my sex drive somewhat, but it works for both of us really. We don't have sex a whole lot, we prefer other forms of intimacy.

My husband was actually really excited when I asked him to get a vasectomy. His daughter's 18 so he's completely "been there, done that" when it comes to having kids. He was willing to do it again if it was something I'd felt a burning desire for, but I didn't and don't, and he's more than happy about that.

Physically, he observed that his testes seemed to hang a little lower/looser after the surgery, but no effects to his libido or ability to perform. If anything, it's the cliche that removing that risk of unwanted pregnancy has made him more frisky.

His doctor's confirmation procedure consisted of "Have you had kids? Oh, she's an adult now? And you're sure you don't want anymore? This is basically irreversible, are you still sure? OK, I'll schedule you in." Kinda pisses me off that they'll give it to men so easily but not women. I almost want to try getting one just to see if they'll let me, but I don't actually want to go through with it.

I had one friend who was able to get her tubes tied using the argument that she has severe anxiety and depression that would make motherhood very difficult for her and traumatic for the child, not to mention that she could pass these on to her offspring. Mention that every single person on both sides of your family is either bipolar or schizophrenic or severely depressed. It's amazing how prejudiced the medical system can still be towards mental health patients, and in support of preventing them from reproducing. She was child-free and only in her late 20's when she had the procedure.

I have over periods of my life not been able to stay hard with a condom. It becomes a frustrating dance of - "take it off, masterbate or whatever, get hard, condom on, go soft... rinse and repeat until your patience or time runs out."

Ever try a cock ring? My husband likes to use those from time to time, when we're in the mood for marathon sex... I imagine if you put one on between "get hard" and "condom on" that you might have better luck. No comment on the sensation, but he doesn't seem to mind.

Most likely they don't taste of much. They're made out of plastic and not rubber.

Blech. "they" may not taste like much themselves, but female condoms are lubricated, and that tastes awful.

Last edited:
protection

I have to say I've been pretty fortunate with my partners over the past several years. They've all had vasectomies. And we'd all been tested, I was only with one at a time so we knew we were good.

I do realize I haven't been tested for a little while now and given my new forays into the world as well as the work I do, I do need to be tested more frequently. I'm getting tested with my next MD appointment which is rapidly approaching!

I am not afraid of condoms, as long as they are NOT latex!!! Found out the hard way I was allergic and working in the OR wasn't the deciding factor... :eek:

I am a HUGE fan of the polyisoprene condoms. If people don't like the way condoms feel, these are great. I am very, very sensitive and I can always feel the difference. Not so much with these. :) They are super thin and well, just perfect. I do prefer the fluid bond though...there's nothing quite like sharing that release together. :) But it is much better to be safer.

I am a HUGE fan of the polyisoprene condoms. If people don't like the way condoms feel, these are great. I am very, very sensitive and I can always feel the difference. Not so much with these. :) They are super thin and well, just perfect.

What brands make this type? Where do you find them?

We used the Lifestyles Skyn polyisoprene condoms when I wasn't on BC for a while and loved them - closest thing to nothing we found, I could still feel it but just barely and he said it wasn't too bad for him either. Durex also makes one - Avanti Bare is the name.

The Skyns you can find at pretty much any store - we've gotten them from Wal-Mart and Meijer (superstores), Wal-greens (drug stores), Big Lots (sells products that have slight faults in packaging and such that other stores won't take), a few gas stations, and probably other places. Anywhere we'd look for condoms, we were able to find them.

Not sure about the Bares... I've never tried them.

The ones I use are the Skyn condoms by Lifestyles. You can get them in big boxes at walmart for oh, $6 too so they're super economical. :)
They allso are the only non latex ones I've seen (at least around here) to come in LARGE. :D

Do they do these in different sizes? I can't use the standard size and would very much like to find something that didn't feel like the standard condom feel.

Just recently got fluid bonded with new amorata by circumstance--we had technical failure with a condom and ended up swapping fluids. The twist to that is that now I use condoms with my wife, until we get the next round of testing and make certain everything is OK.

That's a weird feeling for me--now able to go bare with the gf and not with the wife. Ah, the joys of responsible behavior!

Just recently got fluid bonded with new amorata by circumstance--we had technical failure with a condom and ended up swapping fluids. The twist to that is that now I use condoms with my wife, until we get the next round of testing and make certain everything is OK.

That's a weird feeling for me--now able to go bare with the gf and not with the wife. Ah, the joys of responsible behavior!
So, because of the one condom failure, you are not using any with the new gf? If it were me, I'd still keep using them. Or are you reasoning that you can't shut the barn door after the horse is out?

I'm with nycindie. Just because you had a condom failure once doesn't mean you should take the risk every time now. I would wear condom with my wife, but keep wearing them with my gf as well.

I guess it would depend on what other type of birth control she is on. If condoms were just for STI protection, than personally, once fluid bonding is reached, regardless of how, I am done with condoms. I don't like them and found out in high school that many of the spermicides and lubricants used in them trigger allergic reactions from me, so the sooner I don't have to use them anymore, the better.

I find it weird, and akin to saying "well, we used condoms for birth control, but one tore, so now we're not using them until we get a home pregnancy test".
Every single time you have sex, there is a risk. And the risk tied with a torn condom isn't as high as using no condom at all. Taking big risks of purpose many times because you took a smaller risk accidentally once really makes no sense to me.

. . . many of the spermicides and lubricants used in them trigger allergic reactions from me, so the sooner I don't have to use them anymore, the better.

Nowadays it is usually recommended that non-spermicidal condoms be used, because of that irritation. Apparently, a reaction to the spermicide can create small sores, which makes getting infected with STIs easier.

The ones I use are the Skyn condoms by Lifestyles. You can get them in big boxes at walmart for oh, $6 too so they're super economical. :)
We don't have Walmarts in NYC, but I saw them in my local Duane Reade drugstore -- and they were $7.65 for a packet of three! Undercovercondoms has a 12-pack for $9.99, which is better. I wish I could get them cheeeeep. I'm running low and need more - I think my lovers would like this brand.

Last edited:
Back