Coconut Oil as a Lube

LovingRadiance

I know this is somewhat off topic from Poly. But, not completely.

I am having all sorts of medical issues that cause problems with my sex life.

I can't find anything resolute regarding coconut oil. But, I know it helps with yeast (internal and external) which would be great.

Doctor suggested eating 2-3 tablespoons a day.

But, i was wondering if anyone has used it as a lube? (i am aware of the limitation of which condoms can be used with oil)

Many of the lubes available are just.... not user friendly for my body.

Makes me think of that Barry mallow classic ....I love pina colada's ......do the boys ...love or like pina colada's? :D

You start using it for lube get ready for the song

Coconut oil is supposed to be an awesome lube. I've never tried, but if I start using lube on a regular basis I'm sure I will.

It's edible, so that's nice. Apparently it depends on the quality how good it tastes, though.
It's natural, so your body should be a bit more willing to work with it than anything synthetic.
Some people really like the scent, so if you like the smell of coconut, that should be pleasing, too!

I had a friend at one point who swore by coconut oil. ;)

I would never have thought of using this! That is awesome, I have so many allergies to the crap in many lubes, haha! Thanks for sharing, I will try this :D

It does taste and smell different based on quality. That became obvious when I added it to my diet. ;)

D-you're hilarious! Maybe I should just get the song ready and play it! LOL!

A friend just recommended it as a lubricant last month, though I haven't tried it for intercourse, it seemed to be quite lasting for massage :rolleyes: I'd done quite a bit of online research and it's highly thought of thought it was great its got anti-fungal properties.

As it's not recommended to use with latex condoms (although there's debate on the effect coconut oil in particular has on latex). I'm glad they are coming up with more non latex condoms.

Please warn all prospective mates. Many people are deathly allergic to even trace amounts of coconut. Coconut scented oil or lotion makes me nauseous but fortunately I am not allergic and I do enjoy the taste.

In my case, neither of my partners have issues with it-we've used it for massage and we use it for cooking frequently.
But-that is true, some people do and it's important for anyone dealing with potential new lovers to keep that in the forefront of your mind. :)

I see people's pharmacy seems to be ok with it:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/06/09/coconut-oil-for-2/

I've been considering using coconut oil as lube for a while now, but hadn't been sure if there was some reason to not apply it to the vagina. When I use condoms they're non-latex anyhow. Unlike something like Liquid Silk, unrefined coconut oil has an excellent taste, so it could work well if going from using lube for manual/vaginal intercourse to oral.

So, by 'eating' I'm wondering if you mean 'adding to your diet.' I know some folks just eat oil, straight. (for me? ewww) But I ADORE cooking with coconut oil. It fries/sautes whatever very nicely. I use coconut butter in my smoothies for added fat. [coconut butter is the meat of the coconut mashed into a yummy paste]

I have used it for a moisturizer (when I was a on a silly diet and could not use regular lotions) and it was lovely.

See any paleo diet website or book for recipes incorporating it.

I think you should start by reanmeing hump day to pin a colada day.

She going to be adding it to their diet....:D:D:D. Put the lime in da coconut ....

I think you should start by reanmeing hump day to pin a colada day.

She going to be adding it to their diet....:D:D:D. Put the lime in da coconut ....

Oh God, I'm going to have that in my head all day now :eek:. It made me laugh, which was a really good thing this morning.

@LR - I got a prescription from my GYN for a chronic yeast infection. It was just one pill and it seemed to work when other methods didn't. Just curious, why coconut oil vs other oils or commercial lubes?

November ,yes I meant ingesting-as in adding to the diet. I can't actuallly just spoon it in my mouth. giggling at visual image!
I use it to cook and in smoothies as well.

D-you know just when to make us all laugh our asses off. :) Hilarious!

Why coconut oil versus the chemical compounds in over the counter lubes-is because they all cause skin dryness or thinning of the membranes (in the long run) and I have ongoing medical issues on account to serious tears during my last labor and delivery. It's critical that I not use anything like that.

On the other hand, no lube-often results in exacerbating these additional issues.

Furthermore, while I dont have a strong tendency to get yeast infections in that area-I do get them on my skin (arms, legs, feet) occasionally and my youngest child is horribly prone to the same. But, coconut oil kills yeast, so just using it once a day as a lotion stops that completely.

Also, for anyone whose had major surgeries and had doctors find a high level of yeast inside their bodies (not vaginally, I mean INSIDE THE BODY CAVITY) they advise ingesting 2-3 tablespoons a day coconut oil. Because it kills the yeast.

So far, its working great AND it smells and feels great too .

Why coconut oil versus the chemical compounds in over the counter lubes-is because they all cause skin dryness or thinning of the membranes (in the long run) and I have ongoing medical issues on account to serious tears during my last labor and delivery.

I've never needed much lube, but since my surgery, it's been a necessity, I will have to try other oils. Up until the last year or two, I haven't been bothered by vaginal yeast infections, but the more I learn about it, I suspect that I've likely had quite a few outbreaks (just not vaginally). I use vinegar in the laundry to try and kill anything in the towels and clothes, but I'll have to try the coconut oil also.

I've been using olive oil on my hands and feet for a while and like the results. I do a lot of hand sewing and between the needles and fabrics, it does a number on my fingers, I also get cracked heals and the olive oil seems to be the quickest way to restore the damage.

It's now on our list to buy. I have a new potential partner and would like to try this with G before anyone new. I think this will be great for my own health and would add a new bonus to play :D

November ,yes I meant ingesting-as in adding to the diet. I can't actuallly just spoon it in my mouth. giggling at visual image!

I do take spoonfuls of it straight up. Mild flavor of coconut and creamy smooth.

I also mix it with a spoonful of raw nut butter to change the flavor (peanut butter, almong butter, sunflower butter).

Sometimes add coconut flakes to it for fiber.

It's all good!

Back