A question ...

Lenniavy

Sometimes I leave the forum and do not remember where I have been exactly. Is there a function to mark the exact place ?

I am Sorry - i will try to explain.

Some time ago, it happened to me on an other forum. I replied to a topic. A day later, I wanted continue reading. But in the meantime there were quite a lot of other entries and it cost me quite a while and effort to find the headline and the topic again.
How do I get back to that position ? Do you have a tip? At least in principle ?

Merci beaucoup.

There is a button to the side of threads that should just look like a little arrow or something. If you hover over it, it should say something like "read from first new post". It should load you right onto the next post after you last read the thread.
If you have disabled cookies or wipe them at any time, I imagine that function will not work for you though.

You can also subscribe to threads (usually, you subscribe automatically when you post in a thread, but this depends on yours forum settings). Once you are subscribed to a thread, it will show up in you 'User CP' (control panel) if there are new replies.

There is also the 'New Posts' link, which does not limit itself to subscribed threads, but will show you all posts with new replies.

I find both of these options easier than navigating through the main page.

you could try "view first unread". once youre on the topic, it will appear near the top left.

When I log in, I just click on 'New Posts' (in the center, at the top) and it shows me all the new posts since I left.

I can usually remember, especially if it was something I posted (sorry, I know that's not incredibly useful to you)

You can also click on your own name, and then choose the option 'Find all posts by Lenniavy', and you see the list of posts you made, and I think that list is in chronological order (most recent on top).

Back