Very New and Scared

LostGirlinTexas89

I've never had a polyamorous relationship but a Triad would be my ideal. I have a hard time finding people who relate to the things i want because this is such a small town in Texas. When i try and explain the relationships that i'm looking for, of course i get the weird stares, the "Oh my God", and what have yous. i have one friend in Colorado who is in a poly relationship and can relate, but it's just not enough. I know what i want and i'm not making apologies for wanting to love more than one person. Anyone have any advice or info for me.

If you are feeling isolated, interacting here is helpful. If you are looking for like minds to interact with romantically, OKCupid is a place where you can post a profile stating that you are poly, and do keyword searches looking for other poly people.

Is that the type of advice you are looking for, or did you have other questions?

one piece of advice...dont go looking for a triad, just go looking. find dates, be upfront about being non-mono and go from there.

I've never had a polyamorous relationship but a Triad would be my ideal. I have a hard time finding people who relate to the things i want because this is such a small town in Texas. When i try and explain the relationships that i'm looking for, of course i get the weird stares, the "Oh my God", and what have yous. i have one friend in Colorado who is in a poly relationship and can relate, but it's just not enough. I know what i want and i'm not making apologies for wanting to love more than one person. Anyone have any advice or info for me.

Aside from looking for a 'triad', what kind of relationship do you tell people you're looking for? How do you describe your ideal?

Dating two people at once can be a triad, with or without sexual connotations, with lots of other personal definitions depending on who is talking about it. Without knowing more, it's hard to say much about what could be better.

Last edited:
My dh & I are new to poly and in our community there's a swingers club but we haven't met any other people or couples like us yet. The big city next to us is in another state & 30 minutes away. Both of us have profiles on okcupid. Still not many folks on there in this area are poly but there are non-poly peeps who are interested that I am getting to know. I even met a girl, she's not looking, but we're becoming friends. It's a little frustrating, time consuming & it won't happen overnight but you will eventually meet someone who is willing to be involved with you & accept what you want.

Back