straight woman here

I don't come across a lot of superficial, high maintenance women in my life. Most of the women I know wear makeup on special occasions or only minimal makeup on a daily basis. I play a full contact sport comprised entirely of women who aren't afraid to get dirty, smelly and bruised. I love to camp and hike and swim in lakes.

Women like you who you can get along with are out there. Sexual orientation has very little to do with a person as a whole. Gender might have a little more to do with who we are as people but there is still a wide variety of the ways people are within a gender.

I probably own makeup, but I have no idea where it is. On the very rare occasion that I am forced to dress up and wear makeup, I have to buy new makeup because I have no idea where my old stuff went (and it's probably 3+ years old anyway) And I would stick to eyeliner... and lip gloss or a very thin, barely noticeable lipstick. Foundation makes me break out and eyeshadow looks unnatural in any color but skin tone. My eye lids are already skin tone. :p My lips are already red, my cheeks already rosey... and my eyes are already the most prominent feature on my face.
I do believe that if a girl never starts wearing makeup, her facial tone should stay natural and healthy enough from sun and fresh air exposure that she can literally fool people into thinking she is wearing some.

I would like to meet a woman who has more masculine interests like I do, and can keep up with a group of overweight smokers on a hike. It's not like we are hard to keep up with, we just DO stuff.

I'm calling BS (see the thread "Childfree and Poly") because if you believe that, then why aren't YOU interested in babies?

You speak as though you believe you are unique in a lot of ways. You are not as unique as you think you are. There are lots of women who are nothing like the way you describe. However, reading your post really turned me off. It made me feel as though "why should I even try to understand or get to know her, she's already made up her mind about me because I'm female and bisexual". I refuse to audition for some stranger's approval. I suggest that your problem with other women is yourself, not the other women. If a man came on and spoke the way you just did of women, the word for it would be "misogyny".

I know I am kind of misogynistic. But it doesn't affect my willingness to give people a chance. My boyfriend is also misogynistic in his own ways, and says way worse things than anything I said here... but he still prefers the company of women. I just find very few women that I get along with. And I admitted that I hate the feminine aspects in myself. I also greatly dislike my mother. There were times in my childhood when I wanted a sex change operation.

I never said I was particularly different from other women... but I do get told that quite frequently... and how it is hard to find women like me.

There are many reasons I don't want children. I value my time, my freedom, my health... I cannot imagine why anyone would want to dedicate their life to caring for someone else who will grow up to resent you. Besides, the earth has about reached its maximum capacity, and scientists say we have about 100 years before we are extinct. ..Sometimes in the middle of lovemaking it crosses my mind that I want this man's baby. My hormones are raging in those moments, but logic kicks back in. I also have horrible genetics. Depression and mental illness run rampant on my mom's side of the family (she knows 2 family member that seem mental-illness free, the rest of us are messed up). Alcoholism, anger, and abuse are strong on my dad's side. My husband has a lot of cancer in his family, along with depression and mild schizophrenia himself, and I have an autoimmune disease. I think it is the responsibility of ALL citizens of the world to consider their genetics before having children. I would feel incredibly responsible and sorry if I had a child and they ended up with ANY, even ONE of the genetic problems that my husband and I already know we carry. Even our poor eyesight.

I do believe that if a girl never starts wearing makeup, her facial tone should stay natural and healthy enough from sun and fresh air exposure that she can literally fool people into thinking she is wearing some.

I would like to meet a woman who has more masculine interests like I do, and can keep up with a group of overweight smokers on a hike. It's not like we are hard to keep up with, we just DO stuff.

I have gorgeous eyes. My husband says I don't need make up - and I frequently don't wear it.

Then one day - he watched me put my make up on.

The eyeliner and shadow and mascara enhanced what I already have. My eyes looked brighter, fresher and more alive.

He still thinks I'm gorgeous without make up - but I like how I look with it :)

Tejoko- this mysogonistic partner of yours, how does he expect to find another woman with that attitude? Or is it a result of his frustration of not finding someone suited to him that this gate has come about? I wonder what relation to your mother he is creating if he bad mouths women in front of you? I would think it would create more hate of yourself. No?

Your story is very sad to me. Your men are bbot helping you over come some of your issues? Or at least leaving you to figure them out without passing judgment or comment?! You are lovely in your femininity how ever you want to display it! Who is he to have a hate on for women? He isn't one! He knows nothing about them obviously. Any man who really knows a woman knows that insulting their gender is damaging! As it is when women men bash. This is an age old separation of genders. Bashing is just useless and a waste of time as is any kind of bashing. Its built from ignorance and any kind of ignorance should mean one should educate themselves.

Maybe you and your men should spending some times celebrating the woman in you, how YOU want and need to. Perhaps if they get in touch with the woman they have in their lives then they will have a better chance finding someone else who will be willing to love them.

It sounds like you have all just settled into what you have and sit with yourselves lamenting the fact that there is no movement to more loves... Just assuming, but usually when people are so willing to bash others its because they are not looking at themselves first. Its way easier to be negative than figure shit out and create positives in life. Way easy to just sit and judge others without looking inward.

I'm not saying go out and buy more make up when I say embrace your gender, I'm saying find ways that are comfy to you. Get a new dildo and play with it. Notice what your vagina likes, play with your wetness, look at yourself in the mirror and find the places you like about your body, write a letter to your mother that is full of a lot of *fuck yous* and *i am fucking awesomes just the way I am* and then don't send it. Go shoot at stuff but keep your mind focussed on your body. Go for a hike and take note of how your legs move, your hands, your hair. Become conscious of who you are, every part of it. That's all it is. Not all make up and fashion. Haha! Sorry, that is just so not a concern for me and so far from my femininity. That is advertising and our culture. It is a result of my closeness and love of myself and my body that I dress up and wear make up. Not because of advertising and fashion. It comes from a different place. Find women who think like that. Ask the women you know. Chances are many of them know that distinction.

Everything I have written above is provided that you are uncomfortable with how things are of course. Carry on as is if its all good. I wouldn't want you to think you need to change, just offering ways to do so incase you are interested.

I know soooooo many women that are into camping, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, roller derby :)D) etc... (I am into doing all of the things I have mentioned.) We are all "doing" stuff as you say. Some of us wear makeup some of us don't, we are bi, straight, gay, pan, try ;) sexual etc.

So many women I have met are into so many things that it shouldn't be that difficult to find women that are interested in the same things as you are; if you want to. Maybe you are just looking in the wrong places... Maybe your men (as someone stated above) are not looking for a woman that is into all the same things as you because they already have you to do that stuff with and they want to do different things with a different person.

+1 to all the awesome comments ^

I'd like to add...you don't hate these women because of who they are, you hate them because of who you are.
It's basically the same thing... It's because of who I am AND who they are, and the incompatibility.
And I never said I hated anyone, I just generally dislike.

Tejoko- this mysogonistic partner of yours, how does he expect to find another woman with that attitude? Or is it a result of his frustration of not finding someone suited to him that this gate has come about? I wonder what relation to your mother he is creating if he bad mouths women in front of you? I would think it would create more hate of yourself. No?

Your story is very sad to me. Your men are bbot helping you over come some of your issues? Or at least leaving you to figure them out without passing judgment or comment?! You are lovely in your femininity how ever you want to display it! Who is he to have a hate on for women? He isn't one! He knows nothing about them obviously. Any man who really knows a woman knows that insulting their gender is damaging! As it is when women men bash. This is an age old separation of genders. Bashing is just useless and a waste of time as is any kind of bashing. Its built from ignorance and any kind of ignorance should mean one should educate themselves.

Maybe you and your men should spending some times celebrating the woman in you, how YOU want and need to. Perhaps if they get in touch with the woman they have in their lives then they will have a better chance finding someone else who will be willing to love them.

It sounds like you have all just settled into what you have and sit with yourselves lamenting the fact that there is no movement to more loves... Just assuming, but usually when people are so willing to bash others its because they are not looking at themselves first. Its way easier to be negative than figure shit out and create positives in life. Way easy to just sit and judge others without looking inward.

I'm not saying go out and buy more make up when I say embrace your gender, I'm saying find ways that are comfy to you. Get a new dildo and play with it. Notice what your vagina likes, play with your wetness, look at yourself in the mirror and find the places you like about your body, write a letter to your mother that is full of a lot of *fuck yous* and *i am fucking awesomes just the way I am* and then don't send it. Go shoot at stuff but keep your mind focussed on your body. Go for a hike and take note of how your legs move, your hands, your hair. Become conscious of who you are, every part of it. That's all it is. Not all make up and fashion. Haha! Sorry, that is just so not a concern for me and so far from my femininity. That is advertising and our culture. It is a result of my closeness and love of myself and my body that I dress up and wear make up. Not because of advertising and fashion. It comes from a different place. Find women who think like that. Ask the women you know. Chances are many of them know that distinction.

My boyfriend just hates the way women send mixed messages and don't know or won't say what they want. He doesn't dislike the gender as a whole, just the way women tend to act. He usually only says stuff when watching movies or tv. He never says it about people he actually knows. He has actually brought out a lot of femininity in me. I bought my first skirt this spring. I've worn it twice. He is the boyfriend of mine that just found another girl. And she loves him.
My husband doesn't have a problem with women, except that they aren't interested in him.
I am quite familiar with my pussy and my body. It is just hard to embrace an organ that literally makes my clothing wet or stained without any warning, whenever it pleases, and also smells, is a pregnancy risk, and an infection risk. I know what feels good, and I know what doesn't. The area that is supposed to be the g-spot causes me pain and makes me feel like I have to pee, and I am incapable of vaginal orgasm. This fact causes my boyfriend a lot of stress. When he heard that his new girl is also incapable he almost cried. I don't like my own vagina because it seems defective and I am so prone to yeast infection I have to take probiotics regularly and no sex if he hasn't showered today. I don't like my own or other vaginas because they are a smelly, wet, downward facing hole. If I could keep my vagina as dry as I keep my nose, I would.
I also dislike my breasts. They are way too big, get in the way, make it extremely hard to find any kind of dress that fits right when I am forced to wear one. And it also annoys me that I have felt forced to wear this stuff. Pressured to no end by my family and peers.
Finding bras is extremely difficult. I waited all year to go to a store in Seattle only to find 1 new one. Breasts do their own toll on your health, and bras add even more to that. But, without a bra my nipples hang down to my belly button. Sometimes I put all my weight on one when I try to roll over in bed. It hurts like a bitch. But, I have to quit smoking to have a breast reduction and lift, and I am not ready to do that yet.
I am not sure how we should celebrate the woman in me, the way I want and need? What does that even mean? It's not their bodies that my boyfriend has a problem with, it is the drama that they tend to cause. I am the one that dislikes my body, and their love for it isn't ever going to change that.
There are things I like about my body. I have a nice ass. I had a great figure when I got married, and even at 30 pounds overweight I carry it in all the 'right' places.

Maybe it is just that I hate myself and my mother and we are the only women that I have gotten to know in a long time. But consider this... When I was in school I had school friends that were girls. As school friends tend to go, everything was superficial and many things came out that proved they weren't real friends. Out of school I met other people, and they tended to be men. These turned out to be real friends who don't back stab and make up lies about me. This is my experience.

Women don't tend to talk to local women online and then want to meet and be friends, and like I have said, I don't know how to talk to them anyway. I don't work, don't go to community events, bars, clubs, and am pretty shy as it is, so there is really no other way for me to meet women. I tend to meet them through friends and never develop any connection because I can't relate to them. They also intimidate me. I can never tell when they are being sincere.

Yeah, I probably need some serious therapy. I've been considering seeing a sex therapist for a while, because I tend to I turn down sex based on trivial things... Like, it's dirty and I just showered, or, I am kind of on my period. As long as I have my toy, I don't feel any need for sex.
I know I am fucked up.

I do look at myself, and I probably know myself pretty well for my age. I know what my problems are.
People generally dislike in other people what the dislike in themselves. I am no exception.

I know soooooo many women that are into camping, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, roller derby :)D) etc... (I am into doing all of the things I have mentioned.) We are all "doing" stuff as you say. Some of us wear makeup some of us don't, we are bi, straight, gay, pan, try ;) sexual etc.

So many women I have met are into so many things that it shouldn't be that difficult to find women that are interested in the same things as you are; if you want to. Maybe you are just looking in the wrong places... Maybe your men (as someone stated above) are not looking for a woman that is into all the same things as you because they already have you to do that stuff with and they want to do different things with a different person.

I do most the things they want to do. They are the ones that got me into guns, and the ones that take me camping. They want to find more women to do this stuff, it's not that they are looking for something different.

I have gorgeous eyes. My husband says I don't need make up - and I frequently don't wear it.

Then one day - he watched me put my make up on.

The eyeliner and shadow and mascara enhanced what I already have. My eyes looked brighter, fresher and more alive.

He still thinks I'm gorgeous without make up - but I like how I look with it :)

I don't think I look like me with makeup on. I feel like I am pretending to be someone I am not. I don't like that feeling.

TJK, I am going to address some of your issues and I'll let you know I work in the womens' health field. Also I am genderqueer and my girlfriend is a male to female transgendered person.

... I hate the feminine aspects in myself. I also greatly dislike my mother. There were times in my childhood when I wanted a sex change operation.

I never said I was particularly different from other women... but I do get told that quite frequently... and how it is hard to find women like me.

TeJoKo, you say you wanted a sex change operation? Do you wish you had a penis? Or do you actually think they are annoying and gross as well? In other words, are you just anti-sex or do you feel you may be trans or genderqueer?

Do you know most transmen (female to male transpersons) still have vaginas? They get top surgery, but creating a penis is almost impossible. Even if you transitioned to male, you'd still have a vagina, you'd just stop getting periods eventually.

I bought my first skirt this spring. I've worn it twice.

How did you feel in your skirt? Pretty? Comfortable? Or "too" feminine?

I am quite familiar with my pussy and my body. It is just hard to embrace an organ that literally makes my clothing wet or stained without any warning, whenever it pleases, and also smells...

Again, as you said below, you so hate your vaginal juices, you wear a panti liner all day every day. And then you get (smelly) yeast infections, b/c of the pantiliners holding that moisture close to your body, where the yeast can grow. Vicious cycle. If you are moist while ovulating, when cervical mucus becomes more copious, I'd suggest just carrying a couple fresh pairs of panties to change into if necessary. Most women just have that extra moisture a couple days a month.

is a pregnancy risk, and an infection risk.

Yes, I do agree these issues are a pain in the butt. :rolleyes:

I know what feels good, and I know what doesn't. The area that is supposed to be the g-spot causes me pain and makes me feel like I have to pee, and I am incapable of vaginal orgasm... I don't like my own vagina because it seems defective and I am so prone to yeast infection I have to take probiotics regularly and no sex if he hasn't showered today. I don't like my own or other vaginas because they are a smelly, wet, downward facing hole. If I could keep my vagina as dry as I keep my nose, I would.

A healthy pussy is not smelly! It has a lovely enticing fragrance!

I also dislike my breasts. They are way too big, get in the way, make it extremely hard to find any kind of dress that fits right when I am forced to wear one...
Finding bras is extremely difficult. I waited all year to go to a store in Seattle only to find 1 new one. Breasts do their own toll on your health, and bras add even more to that. But, without a bra my nipples hang down to my belly button. Sometimes I put all my weight on one when I try to roll over in bed. It hurts like a bitch. But, I have to quit smoking to have a breast reduction and lift, and I am not ready to do that yet.

Yes, big breasts can sure be in the way, and even cause shoulder pain from the stress of carrying them around.

I am not sure how we should celebrate the woman in me, the way I want and need? What does that even mean? It's not their bodies that my boyfriend has a problem with, it is the drama that they tend to cause. I am the one that dislikes my body, and their love for it isn't ever going to change that.
There are things I like about my body. I have a nice ass. I had a great figure when I got married, and even at 30 pounds overweight I carry it in all the 'right' places.

Maybe it is just that I hate myself and my mother and we are the only women that I have gotten to know in a long time. But consider this... When I was in school I had school friends that were girls. As school friends tend to go, everything was superficial and many things came out that proved they weren't real friends.

Honestly? My girl friends in school and college were sincere and real friends! Maybe because of your childhood of abuse, you couldnt find the good girls out there, real, supportive, etc.

Out of school I met other people, and they tended to be men. These turned out to be real friends who don't back stab and make up lies about me. This is my experience.

Women don't tend to talk to local women online and then want to meet and be friends, and like I have said, I don't know how to talk to them anyway. I don't work, don't go to community events, bars, clubs, and am pretty shy as it is, so there is really no other way for me to meet women. I tend to meet them through friends and never develop any connection because I can't relate to them. They also intimidate me. I can never tell when they are being sincere.

Yeah, I probably need some serious therapy. I've been considering seeing a sex therapist for a while, because I tend to I turn down sex based on trivial things... Like, it's dirty and I just showered, or, I am kind of on my period. As long as I have my toy, I don't feel any need for sex.
I know I am fucked up.

I do look at myself, and I probably know myself pretty well for my age. I know what my problems are.
People generally dislike in other people what the dislike in themselves. I am no exception.

That is brave of you to make that statement. I am sure you'd be better off with a good therapist.

Honestly TeJoKo, I feel for you. There is so much you are missing out on in life because of what you have told us. I agree, a therapist would be the best bet. I'm not sure a sex therapist is the key, but one that has an understanding of gender issues and sexuality. It's hard to tell if the sex related issues are to do with your body image issues and health issues or the other way around. That would be a distinction to make. It sounds like you like having sex with a toy, and that is hopeful that its actually the health issues that are causing the lack of interest.

There is so much to think about here and I think a therapist would help you start sorting it all out so that you can begin working on one thing at a time. Chances are in doing that a lot of things will come together so that progress can be made and you can start enjoying life more.

*hugs* I'm rooting for you.

TJK, I am going to address some of your issues and I'll let you know I work in the womens' health field. Also I am genderqueer and my girlfriend is a male to female transgendered person.

TeJoKo, you say you wanted a sex change operation? Do you wish you had a penis? Or do you actually think they are annoying and gross as well? In other words, are you just anti-sex or do you feel you may be trans or genderqueer?
I wanted a sex change operation when I was a kid, but I have not considered it since my teenage years.
I love penises, and I sometimes do wish I had one. Sometimes I fantasize about having one.
I have thought that I feel like a gay man in a girl's body. But at this point I no longer wish to become a man.

Do you know most transmen (female to male transpersons) still have vaginas? They get top surgery, but creating a penis is almost impossible. Even if you transitioned to male, you'd still have a vagina, you'd just stop getting periods eventually.
I've heard that before.

How did you feel in your skirt? Pretty? Comfortable? Or "too" feminine?
I felt exposed, like I wasn't wearing pants. It feels a little awkward to have to worry about what shoes I can wear or how I can sit or bend. I felt more presentable in public. I suppose I felt pretty.

Again, as you said below, you so hate your vaginal juices, you wear a panti liner all day every day. And then you get (smelly) yeast infections, b/c of the pantiliners holding that moisture close to your body, where the yeast can grow. Vicious cycle. If you are moist while ovulating, when cervical mucus becomes more copious, I'd suggest just carrying a couple fresh pairs of panties to change into if necessary. Most women just have that extra moisture a couple days a month.
I have been getting chronic yeast infections since I was about 14. I didn't start wearing daily pantiliners until I was about 17. All I need to get rid of them is one acidophiles pill. It is an internal problem, not an issue with what I wear. It seems to be more triggered by an imbalance, especially if anything not perfectly clean goes into my vagina. Like, if my man showered yesterday morning and it's not late in the evening, there is a yeast infection risk. Also if I get fingered and hands haven't been washed in a while.

I have wetness every day of the month. If I get horny, if I sneeze or cough, just at random. I also change my pantyliner at least every 12 hours, often more frequently. And occasionally I will go without, most often at night.
Perhaps I should ask a doctor about this excess wetness that I am told by men smells and tastes great, and no doctor has ever noticed a problem with before? I have just assumed it was normal.
So, you only get any wetness in your panties a few days a month? The rest of the time they stay completely dry?
A healthy pussy is not smelly! It has a lovely enticing fragrance!
That is a matter of opinion. It has a fragrance, a fragrance that I don't like. I have not only smelled or tasted my own. I went through a bi-curious stage when I was a teenager.
I don't like the smell of chocolate, either, or coffee. And although I love to suck dick, I don't like the taste of cum. I just try to swallow quickly and have something to drink ready.

Honestly? My girl friends in school and college were sincere and real friends! Maybe because of your childhood of abuse, you couldnt find the good girls out there, real, supportive, etc.
Or maybe because I grew up in a town that only had about 90 kids per grade in elementary school, graduated about 70 a year. In a place like that your friends are the people who you fit in with best or the people who accept you. In 9th grade, my best friend of 7 years got pissed at me for telling her in all truthfulness that her boyfriend was cheating on her. The next day I was cornered by a senior boy accusing me of threatening to beat up his girlfriend and threatening to kick my ass if I said anything again. I never said anything about her in the first place. His girlfriend just happened to be someone my friend hung out with. But she wasn't even involved in the cheating issue, and threatening violence wasn't my thing, I was a goody-goody wimp.
I wasn't really abused, I just have depression and anxiety that wasn't taken care of until I was mostly grown up and it had apparently done some damage.

That is brave of you to make that statement. I am sure you'd be better off with a good therapist.

Possibly. But I have a little doubt as well. I saw a counselor for a while a few years ago and I always went in feeling good and then felt down the rest of the day. Is a therapist different?

Honestly TeJoKo, I feel for you. There is so much you are missing out on in life because of what you have told us. I agree, a therapist would be the best bet. I'm not sure a sex therapist is the key, but one that has an understanding of gender issues and sexuality. It's hard to tell if the sex related issues are to do with your body image issues and health issues or the other way around. That would be a distinction to make. It sounds like you like having sex with a toy, and that is hopeful that its actually the health issues that are causing the lack of interest.

There is so much to think about here and I think a therapist would help you start sorting it all out so that you can begin working on one thing at a time. Chances are in doing that a lot of things will come together so that progress can be made and you can start enjoying life more.

*hugs* I'm rooting for you.

Wow, I appreciate your support. After I posted my feelings I started to think I should have just kept that all to myself. But in responding to all the comments I have actually learned a bit more about my feelings. I really DO need a therapist.
I just hope what I have expressed here won't permanently negatively affect the way people interact with me.

TruckerPete:
Thank you for opening up to me. Sorry it's taken me so long, I haven't really known how to respond. Still don't...

I may be a bit more feminine than you. I do like pink, bright colors, and sparkly things. I like to shop, but for anything not just clothes. There are many other things I'd rather spend my money on.

I don't meet a lot of women, and especially women my own age. I also don't have much reason or get the opportunity to spend much time with any other than my mother.

I try to give everyone a chance before judging them. I also tend to see the good in individuals. But my thoughts on people as a whole are just not so positive.

I have been getting chronic yeast infections since I was about 14. I didn't start wearing daily pantiliners until I was about 17. All I need to get rid of them is one acidophiles pill. It is an internal problem, not an issue with what I wear. It seems to be more triggered by an imbalance, especially if anything not perfectly clean goes into my vagina. Like, if my man showered yesterday morning and it's not late in the evening, there is a yeast infection risk. Also if I get fingered and hands haven't been washed in a while.

I have wetness every day of the month. If I get horny, if I sneeze or cough, just at random. I also change my pantyliner at least every 12 hours, often more frequently. And occasionally I will go without, most often at night.
Perhaps I should ask a doctor about this excess wetness that I am told by men smells and tastes great, and no doctor has ever noticed a problem with before? I have just assumed it was normal.
So, you only get any wetness in your panties a few days a month? The rest of the time they stay completely dry?

That is a matter of opinion. It has a fragrance, a fragrance that I don't like. I have not only smelled or tasted my own. I went through a bi-curious stage when I was a teenager.
I don't like the smell of chocolate, either, or coffee. And although I love to suck dick, I don't like the taste of cum. I just try to swallow quickly and have something to drink ready.

Possibly. But I have a little doubt as well. I saw a counselor for a while a few years ago and I always went in feeling good and then felt down the rest of the day. Is a therapist different?

A few times, you describe a vagina as a "dripping downward facing hole" that you find gross. M'kay yeah, and you've a right to your opinion, but that brings me to my point.
Opinions, like assholes, everyone has one - right? Sure not everyone has a vagina, but everyone does have an asshole and that is far more a gross thing that far more harmful bacteria can come out of, yet you're not so focused on it.
And while I love men, ball sweat smells far far worse than vagina and is also the cause of wetness against the skin. Wetness in the genital area is not a female thing. Its an everyone thing.
With the yeast infection tendency and your attitude toward vagina in general it also makes me wonder if you're doing something that also causes yeast infections even though it is done with good intentions. Over washing will cause yeast infections. A dislike (or rather an embarrassment) of vagina and its smell has made some women tend to obsessive cleaning of their vagina and this disturbs its natural balance leading to chronic yeast infections. As well, over washing can cause abrasions and also lead to more infections.
Some of what I read in your posts I can identify with. I grew up on camping, fishing, and hunting. My family was always, not in a misogynistic way, a masculine leaning one in terms of what was valued and expected of us all, male or female. Guns everywhere, and us children were taught how to use them and be safe about them before being given one of our own. If you shrank away from these things, my granddad would write you off as a useless wuss. I was never the "useless wuss"; that ended up being my male cousin and my brother. So I get what you're saying about it not being easy to find women who are into the things you like because I too was seen as an oddball by my peers in school and there were always a few kids in school whispering that I might be a lesbian.
Fortunately, sewing was also a valued skill in my family and I've always loved making something to dress up in. It all balanced out for me and I've never wanted to be anything other than the woman I am.

I did spend a period in my teens avoiding female friendships and thinking I identified more with men. But I ended up dealing with male friends not thinking of me only as a friend and I realized what an illusion that thought really was. Then I met a girl who had no brothers and three sisters. Experiencing their acceptance and being exposed to how much they all loved and celebrated each other was a real eye opener. Those of us with no female siblings really miss out on that. Women, like everyone else, are flawed and can't always be thoughtful or considerate every second of the day. Comparing them to men in those moments won't give an accurate definition of what women are and what they are capable of being to you.

Back