Young poly couple for boy (mw4m), LA

PolyHippies

We live together and go to college. We both study music, and love nature, and the outdoors. Some people call us hippies, but I try to keep the labels to a minimum. We are very green minded, and love to travel on cross country camping expeditions. We have very open religious beliefs, I claim Unitarian Universalism, and she claims none in particular. I'm a Gemini, she's an Aquarius. I'm gay, she's straight-ish. We have a wonderful relationship together, never fighting ever, we are very secure in our love. I have always been gay, and thus wanted to be with a guy, but I fell in love with this girl who I believe is my soulmate, we never wanted to part. We have reached this point together, where we are able and ready to welcome a new boy into our lives to share our love.

We are both 21 and intrested in someone around our age, (18-28ish). I'll talk to anyone who talks to me, no matter where you live. We know there's a cool hippie boy out there somewhere for us. ;) If we like you enough, we may even come visit.

As far as music we like every thing, but mostly We like Reggae, Pink Floyd, The Greatful Dead, and Animal Collective. ;)

I'm interested to know what you both are looking for. If you'd like to talk, please message me.

A boy? You mean a young man, a grown-up, right?

I'm pretty sure I already answerd that question when I said "18-28ish." I know love knows no age, but I think we're being reasonable. It's not exactly easy finding poly people in this age group.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I already answerd that question when I said "18-28ish." I know love knows no age, but I think we're being reasonable. It's not exactly easy finding poly people in this age group.

I think the concern was over the use of the word "boy" instead of guy or man, not concern over your age preferences. When I think of "boys" I think of minors. NYC may have the same thought process I do, which could lead her to point out that as long as you're seeking someone of legal age, you're not looking for a BOY, you're looking for a young MAN.

Not trying to put words in NYC's mouth, but I always dislike seeing people use the world "boy," so I could see where she's coming from if she is the same way. :)

As for it not being easy to find poly people in the 18-28 range.. I can somewhat agree. Not many people between those ages actively refer to themselves as poly. However, many people are open to it, so you just have to put it out there and get people to think about it. Many people in the younger age range relate heavily with the concept of poly, they just don't realize there is a word or an outlet for it.

Good luck with finding what you are looking for!

I often say boy or girl. I find those words far less sterile/insulting/sexist/loaded than male or female.

I often see people triggered by the use of the word "boy" or "girl" (not just here but workplace etc.) even when it is not being used in a demeaning way. I've been trying to figure out if there is any pattern to it. (I have some theories but not enough data...)

An example, my office staff don't object if, for instance, I say "Take these forms to the front office and one of the girls will help you." - but others will take offense for them. My male colleague got called on the carpet by his wife for this. When I talked to the staff about it, they didn't really see that there was anything to take offense at - they also will refer to themselves as girls. (i.e. "We girls in the front office were talking about...) Perhaps this is because my (relatively young) male colleague is the ONLY man working in the office amongst 8 woman and he is the newest member of the team - so there is no "male oppression" baggage to counteract?

For lack of better terms we use the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" because people understand what we are talking about - we don't say "manfriend" and "womanfriend" because that creates unnecessary confusion. When I say that I have a husband and a boyfriend - I'm sure noone on this site assumes that I am dating a minor (at least I hope not :eek:)

For the record, I often refer to my guys as "my boys" (hubby is a few years older than me, Dude is a few years younger - we are all in our 30s) - and they will refer to themselves and each other this way. ("I wasn't the one who made you coffee this morning...it must have been your OTHER boy - I think he likes you.:p")

Just some thoughts/observations.

JaneQ

Last edited:
I think the concern was over the use of the word "boy" instead of guy or man, not concern over your age preferences. When I think of "boys" I think of minors. NYC may have the same thought process I do, which could lead her to point out that as long as you're seeking someone of legal age, you're not looking for a BOY, you're looking for a young MAN.

Not trying to put words in NYC's mouth, but I always dislike seeing people use the world "boy," so I could see where she's coming from if she is the same way. :)

As for it not being easy to find poly people in the 18-28 range.. I can somewhat agree. Not many people between those ages actively refer to themselves as poly. However, many people are open to it, so you just have to put it out there and get people to think about it. Many people in the younger age range relate heavily with the concept of poly, they just don't realize there is a word or an outlet for it.

Good luck with finding what you are looking for!

Yes, I realize all of this. I prefer "boy", It wasn't an accident. I just happen to be looking for someone youthful, as am I. I do feel you guys are being a bit overly sensitive. I made it clear, "no one under 18"... I don't even really like the label "polyamorus", it's so limiting. I prefer "non-monogamous", if anything, because that's what it truly is. Labels just box you in.

I don't mean to put down polyamory or anything, it's a great stepping stone, I just think things are changing in the world and, it's really too soon to call it anything. Slapping a name on it so quickly limits you right out the the starting gate. It creates a boundry, farther than before, but a boundry none the less. We still have some exploring to do. ;)

Back