want to understand and know more about polyamory

me and my girlfriend are new too the whole polyamory relationship thing i had seen it on mtvs real life and there where these people that was in a relationship and it was a polyamory so i said to myself maybe thats the kind of relationship that i want. so here we are looking to know more about what it is and how it works? And we also want to know if it is the same as an open relationship and if not then what is the difference? is it type of relationship where we can set our rules or not?​

You have found a great place to learn more. Read for a while. I have been exploring this site for several days now and have learned quite a lot about what polyamory means to different people, and also about myself. Have fun!

Check out the definitions thread on this board. That'll provide a quick look at a bunch of different concepts.

ok

well we just want two know about it and we are not looking for sex we are foreal about looking and trying to be in this type of relationship. we just want to know how it works and what is it and things like that we are not in to sex we are just in to looking for new things.

Ya, if you look around you will soon see that this isn't a site for soliciting sex.

"Open" is the opposite of closed. Its a very basic term used for couples who mutually decide they want to look outside their traditionally closed relationships for sex and companionship. "Polyamory" is about having many loves. Of course that includes sex also, but the basis is love first and developing a relationship with oneself and others around what that means.

As others have said, do some reading on here and see what you think. If you can't find what you need, do a search with key words or through tags and go from there. Generally speaking we are all happy to answer your questions.

well we just want two know about it and we are not looking for sex we are foreal about looking and trying to be in this type of relationship. we just want to know how it works and what is it and things like that we are not in to sex we are just in to looking for new things.

Well, here's one thing that just about everyone agrees on; communication skills are very important in poly- relationships.

thanks

And yeah me to we had a fight and now she is mad with me and i don't know what to do to get her back in my life i'm so sad that i want to cry. Oh i wish i knew what to do?:(

Back