Steig Larsson's series

Carma

Steig Larsson's novels have a poly relationship in them :) I just read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. Great reads!

It is a great series! I also loved the Swedish films. I fear the American versions are going to be terrible.

Anyhoo, it was never clear to me in the books if the relationship between the reporter and his editor (character names are escaping me right now) was openly non-monogamous, a version of poly or a variety of don't ask, don't tell.

Hmmm. May have to re-read!

I just read the first two books, too! I found it pretty clear, as well. The editor is the hinge of a vee and her husband is bisexual. I thought it was awesome how much detail the author put into the relationship. I wonder: is being poly more acceptable in Sweden? I have no idea, as I come from a small town in the US

I just read the first two books, too! I found it pretty clear, as well. The editor is the hinge of a vee and her husband is bisexual. I thought it was awesome how much detail the author put into the relationship. I wonder: is being poly more acceptable in Sweden? I have no idea, as I come from a small town in the US
I can't comment on any books, but to answer your question of Sweden, I wouldn't be surprised. Western Europe are often quite free when it comes to sexuality. I think England and the UK in general are quite late to the game. The Netherlands seem to get the most praise for freedom of sexuality, and freedom of other kinds too.

The movie for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes out in the States on December 21st! I plan on going with my husband (since it will be around his birthday) and then seeing it with my bf when he can.

Back