Insert slew of expletives!

Dana

If one more person acts seemingly indifferent about time with me this week, I'm going to pop! I'm bending over backwards to avail myself to others, but they are seemingly distracted by every butterfly, squirrel, breeze - you get the idea.

I am hereby eschewing all humans (in 3D form) in favor of books until heads are summarily pulled from posteriors.

Rant over. Carry on.

Sorry youre hurting!

People suck sometimes.:(

Yikes, good luck with that. I'll be happy to supply you with a list of expletives if that'll help. :)

People can be such buttheads sometimes. Settle down with a good book and a hot cup of tea (or something stronger), and let them come to you when they're ready to play ball!

With sympathies,
Kevin T.

Thank you. I think one of my relationships is winding down. But yes, I'm enjoying a cup of tea and a book. And I think I only used two real expletives (privately, of course), so yay!

That's the spirit. :) Keeping your cool.

Sorry to hear about the one relationship winding down. That's never good news.

I think what it amounts to is that this particular individual wants a relationship in theory, but not in practice. I'd be speculating as to why she engaged me in the first place and I really don't want to put words in her mouth without being certain. A conversation is in order and needed. But, I'll wait until the holiday craziness is behind us. I don't want to ruin Christmas.

Back to my book...

Heh, books are our friends.

I'm sitting on something myself until after Christmas is over, a handful of quotes by Pope Francis that should stir up trouble amongst my brothers and old friends. The quotes are burning a hole in my text files, so I'll send them out tomorrow. :)

Hope your holiday goes pretty well, and that the pending conversation also works out okay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Heh, will do. My audience is a busy one so it takes a considerable kick to disturb their ant pile. However, they've always loved a good debate in the past, so I'll bet I can get a few bites with this bait on the hook. :D

Keep us updated here too; hope all goes well.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

The ant pile's been kicked.

So as not to hijack this thread, I hereby link you to a new thread that I've just created:

Pope Francis

Enjoy.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

I would have no objections to a hijacking. Organic conversations are JUST fine.

Having said that, I tried to have a conversation with a certain woman today, but she stood me up again. Hmph!

What? Why's she trying to stand you up like that?

Heh, I like hijacking too, but didn't want the mods to be tempted to delete any posts. Especially great big posts. All that effort for nothing ...

Anyway, that's pretty bad when you can't even get a simple conversation scheduled. Can you drop her a note saying you need to talk to her, and that she should let you know when you're ready to talk?

Pretty frustrating.
Regards,
Kevin T.

I'd be speculating at her motivations. I get the feeling that she likes the "idea" of poly more than she actually likes multiple relationships. We are in a traid of sorts and our other partner has other partners. I think she has been feeling like she is missing out somehow, but really doesn't want to make time or give up the energy a second relationship would take. At the end of the day, I think she's just not that into me. Trouble is, I'm not sure she is even aware of that yet.

Sometimes people need piercing motivations to actually practice polyamory. Brother Husband (in the MFM V I'm in) is, shall we say, enamored of the idea of polyamory, yet he's not much of a communicator, nor one to work very hard at relationships. If Hinge Lady hadn't been spurring him on all this time, he probably would have lost interest by now and moved on to something else. He tends to be a bit impulsive and changes his stipes (or his flair as he'd probably like to say) every few weeks.

Good communication is hard work, there's just no getting around it, as good communication entails constantly trying to improve the quality of one's communication. I get the feeling the partner you're feeling frustrated with is put off by the idea of such intense communication, as well as the work involved in coordinating schedules. But schedule coordination and quality communication are musts if one is to make a poly relationship fly. It's easy to say, "Wow, polyamory, that sounds pretty neat, let me try," but not so easy to say, "Okay, let's get down to business." For some people, polyamory is just a flair item. For others, it's a labor of love.

We had a new fellow join us today on the intro board, who does a lot of sailing. His wife was very interested and thought that sounded like a romantic life, but when she found out sailing isn't just romantic, it's also a lot of work, she no longer wanted to be a part of it. They have since divorced. Just interesting to see two examples lately of how something that sounds really romantic and cool when looking in from the outside, can turn into something daunting for many people once they try it on. Unfortunate but there it is. You'll probably have to set your sails to the wind, and let this other person go. :(

Of course I hope I'm wrong ...
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

She's a good communicator in the sense that she's good at sharing what she's feeling. What she's not as good at is listening, or picking up on others when things are wrong. That is a tall order to fill though. I think what it comes down to is that her life is very simple and low stress. Our mutual partner does a whole lot for her and they live together. I don't help her with "life management" so I represent lost time that I think she'd just rather have to herself. Which is FINE. I just wish the message was clear. But yes...I see the writing on the wall.

The part of poly that she is really good at is that she doesn't struggle with the usual jealousies - in particular, sexual. In fact, she's far better at that than I'll ever be. So, she is in some ways even more innately poly than I am. She just doesn't have the time management desires or capacities for multiple relationships, I'm afraid. At least not intense relationships. And this is my issue....I don't do "relationship-lite." I like/need intensity and depth and daily connectivity.

It will all work out, eventually. These in-between bits are annoying though.

Understandable. We can't always guarantee lifelong compatibility and even if that fizzles, we still have great memories, lessons learned, maybe even an intact friendship after the dust clears. There's nothing wrong with that, and I never want to regret having loved, even if I loved and lost.

She may be informal about relationships and not want to call anything "together," "apart," "poly," "non-monogamous," or whatever. She may be content for people to quietly drift in and out of her life. Possibly a bit of relationship anarchy there. Just label everyone in her life a "friend," and whether or not they're a romantic friend is considered a non-issue.

Hope the grated nerves will get a break soon.
Regards,
Kevin T.

You know, I think you may be on to something with the relationship anarchy aspects of it all. She does seem to fit that paradigm with the exception of our shared partner. She NEEDS him though for day to day stuff and relies on him a whole lot. But even that could fit into that sort of model. Hmmm...thinking.

The thing is, I'm not much interested in a sexual relationship with her any more. Indifference doesn't do much for my libido. I wonder how she'd feel about dialing it back to something less physical.

Something to possibly discuss when you get a chance to talk with her. ;)

Back