I'm not hijacking

Breathesgirl

So I thought I would start this one, lol.

Sometimes we want to continue on with a conversation but don't want to hijack the original thread & since the hijack isn't really on topic....we can bring it here :D.

RP I know where you're coming from with the sense of humour & sarcasm.

I'm the sarcastic one in this apartment, at least when my son isn't here. That poor child! He got my some of my sense of humour & sarcasm! He doesn't stand a chance in the wide, cruel world of landing a serious job OR having a serious conversation!

We joke all the time that my son is actually Breathes' son. (Physically & genetically impossible btw). Son has his sense of humour, loves to talk, loves AC/DC & most other music, is a font of useless information, etc. I think the ONLY things he got from his dad are the curly, unruly hair and the lazy eye!

SO please folks, there IS no hijacking this thread since it doesn't really have a topic. It's just here so we can continue on with conversations that would have hijacked another thread. Post away!

Awesome idea!

I have to admit, RP, that your crunchy exterior is a little intimidating to those of us who are a touch shy ... :eek:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, crunchy on the outside but ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so soft on the inside! Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yum!

Some things just don't translate to "paper" well. I have probably written 10 times as many posts as I actually publish, just for that reason. I form a comment in my head and once it gets down in written form, it is just all wrong, overly harsh or just off.

Some things just don't translate to "paper" well. I have probably written 10 times as many posts as I actually publish, just for that reason. I form a comment in my head and once it gets down in written form, it is just all wrong, overly harsh or just off.

I have been finding that more and more with my own comments. I'll spend half an hour writing something out, only to trash it because it's "not right".

*sigh*

I've done that numerous times on my elists, lol

The advantage to forums & yahoo groups is you DO have the time to calm down before you post a reply so you can hopefully come across as something other than an angry ogre!

I've been that angry ogre before. I had yet to learn the art of not responding at the moment I received the email, lol.

Sometimes that idea of coming across harsh or brass isn't bad. There is a lot of coddling that goes on, sometimes some real truth works. If you post how it first comes to mind, it will likely be read as something real.

Continue editing and re-editing and you lost some of the rawness in advice. Thats in my experience anyways. At some point, with continued editing you lose the original intent.

RP's sarcasm thought intrigued me because sarcasm is learned. You learn people are being sarcastic and their mannerism. Even in real life sarcasm SHOULD be hard to pick up on. Its, at its simplest, one of the easiest things to pick up on, or at its most complex, baffles everyone around you. I can usually pick up on forum sarcasm, unless its a first time user.

ummm...I am sarcastic and cynical in real life, like I am here. I have a full range of dryness. What you see on here you will likely see meeting me, once I scope out the crowd ;) Besides sarcasm can lighten a mood on a tough subject :)

Sometimes that idea of coming across harsh or brass isn't bad. There is a lot of coddling that goes on, sometimes some real truth works. If you post how it first comes to mind, it will likely be read as something real.

Except when you are trying to be sarcasitic and it come out harsh:eek:. Sometimes things I might say out load really have no spelling and then the whole statement just doesn't come out right.:D

I try to only poke fun at those who I know irl. I'm not sure how my sense of humour will be taken otherwise. I know that I slip sometimes and say things I probably shouldn't, but hey, I still think I'm funny!

I try to only poke fun at those who I know irl. I'm not sure how my sense of humour will be taken otherwise. I know that I slip sometimes and say things I probably shouldn't, but hey, I still think I'm funny!

this sums it up for me. thanks for putting the words out there for me Derby.

I have to admit, RP, that your crunchy exterior is a little intimidating to those of us who are a touch shy ... :eek:

It comes with being an extrovert maybe...? I dunno... redhead? Sagittarius with and Aires rising and scorpio moon? Mabye its the fact that I am ENFP... or maybe I'm just a complete bitch that manages to suck it up on here :D

oops, sarcasm. :p

anyway, I'm sorry if you feel intimidated Tuckerpete. If there is a way I can ease that feeling for you, let me know. :)

Last edited:
perhaps, but keep it in mind. I mean it. I am open to feedback from you. Not everyone, but you and I have talked enough off line that I feel like I can open that up. :)

and this wasn't sarcasm, but this is.... ! :D:p:eek:

(oh I am such a child sometimes aren't I? Always have to push! ;))

Back