Hey there! :)

Scorpio

Well, I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago. I just wanted to say I think it's great that there's a place where poly people can have discussions online. (Last year I searched for something like this but wasn't able to find anything, really). So it's been nice to browse around and read all the interesting convo's... (yes, Ive been lurking, lol)

To be honest I was so happy to find the forum that I've already been spreading the word about it via Myspace, etc. Although I've been hesitant to introduce myself ... (I guess because I'm still not sure what to write here!) :eek: So anyways... here I am...

I first heard about polyamory 3 years ago. My boyfriend mentioned it briefly while telling me about different lifestyles he had read about. I -at the time- thought the idea was terrible, (among other very negative things)... lol.

Then, last year I had a personal experience... I discovered I was capable of loving more than one person. It completely baffled me, causing me to have alot of guilt issues for awhile. Because I was the type of person who would never -NEVER- even think of doing such a thing. My head told me that it was all wrong, but... I couldn't deny how my heart felt.

I learned alot from that situation. And... I learned alot about myself, as well. I began to contemplate my feelings, and accepted it. That it is what it is. And, also did alot of questioning. Like, why are we all supposed to believe that we can only love One, or that only one person can make us happy, and that that is the right way to love? Or believing in the elusive "perfect person" who will make us complete? That just one -and only one- person must meet all our needs and fulfill us in every way (In reality we put that person on a pedestal and when they can't live up to our expectations, we only feel disappointed.)

It was opening my mind, and asking alot of questions like these, that lead me to realize that I could quite possibly just be a "poly." Since that time, I feel like I have gone through an awakening, and I don't see relationships the same anymore. I know it's possible to love, and, love more.

So anyways... for about a year, my guy and I have talked about being poly. it is something we are interested in, but not really searching or jumping into it. Basically taking it slow, and open to possibilities.

Well, I guess that's it for now .... my jumbled introduction.

Thanks for creating this forum! :)

Welcome

I think that I am saying rightly, that those of us who frequent this forum are allways glad to see and greet a new person on the postings. That the concept of polyamory is relatively new in comparison to most other ideological beliefs I doubt that anyone can dare claim they are an expert. So to have someone willing to share their experiences and view points on this matter is most welcome. Gald to have you scorpio and hope to share and learn along with you. :)

Thank you! Im happy to be here and look forward to meeting everyone :)

Welcome to the board! I am new here as well, but am finding this a great place to learn and share. I hope you do as well.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :D

Thank you, and ditto. :)

I'm happy to be here!

heyla and welcome!

I lurked for a bit too before I spoke up, theres a wonderful diverse group of folks here, with lots of advice and just just words of encouragement should you need/want them.

looking forward to hearing more fromy ou, lots of luck to you and yours :)

I've enjoyed being here and reading everyones relationship advice and posts. It's also nice to have a place to come and talk if I ever feel the need. Thanks again :)

Back