Howdy

polygaymorist

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I really can't believe I'm posting here. I'm in my early 30's and I've been with my partner for about 10 years. We've been open to messing around with others as the situations would arise, and I think it's made our relationship stronger. While that's been fun, it has left me feeling a little empty and I never knew why.

I recently connected with someone with someone other than my partner. We started as friends, but it quickly developed into something more. He told me he loved me and then broke it off saying he was too emotionally involved. Now that he's gone, I realize the extent of my feelings for him, and realize that what I've really been looking for is a boyfriend, not a casual sex partner. The brief time that I had both my partner and my "boyfriend" were some of the happiest times of my life.

Now I need to figure out how to address this situation with my partner. He has made it clear that he doesn't want a three-way relationship, but I understand now that I can't be content with things the way things are.

Anyone have any advice on how to talk to my partner about this?

Back