New poly couple going slowly,somewhat.

Well, I finally heard back from the one guy that I had emailed and exchanged pg pics with tonight. He was gone on a conference and hadn't checked his email. He seems promising but we will have to see. He is in an open marriage and his wife is mono but is okay with him doing his thing. He is not sure if he identifies as poly or not but it is something that we will find out.

I think that we may at least give it a go and see how things develop after I receive confirmation that his wife is in the know and is really okay with it. Be that via phone or email, we have yet to determine. We had a super long weekend and I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted but I did get B's school stuff squared away with the exception of her assignment chart which needs to wait until I can get a look at how her schedule is going to go so that we can set goals and rewards into place. IE, if she gets so far ahead, we can go on a special field trip.

Man, i have a horrible headache so I'm off to get some rest keep ya updated on, let's call him S.

Last edited:
Well, when it happens, it happens. We have potentials coming out of the woodwork. Unfortunately, most of them just want to play. We shall see how it goes.

I am so tired lately. I guess that I could be depressed but since I haven't slept well ever so it could just be that catching up with me. B is jealous of Q's new potty/behavior chart and so she peed herself on purpose yesterday so that she could get a potty chart too. We told her that she won't get a potty chart she will get time outs as she has been completely trained for more than 2 years now. Q on the other hand has not much desire to even day train let alone night train. I guess boys really can be more difficult.

I am starting to think that S isn't going to work out as he is too busy. I have only had a couple of responses from him and that makes it hard to get to know him. I am still thinking that my best bet will be the polymunch picnic in September.

He claims that he just doesn't think that it's appropriate for parents to be attracted to their children's teachers but I think that's just his excuse.

There was once a story about a group of female teachers, who went out together one night and partied. They snapped photos of themselves, and posted them to Facebook. Unfortunately, one parent upon seeing the photos was so outraged at their antics, and concerned that such photos may reach the children in their care, printed off the photos and passed them around the neighbourhood. More parents were outraged, and the story reached the press. In an attempt to "protect" the children, the parents had ultimately exposed them to the thing the were trying to protect them from. The wife and I discussed this event.

See, this was never about protecting the children, and all about expecting teachers to behave in a manner that is close to sainthood. The mere thought that these primary school teachers are no different than any other adult - that they drink, dress up, enjoy themselves and occasionally their hair down - was completely abhorrent to these parents.

Your blogs about the teacher reminded me of this. Yes, "teachers are people too"

I got a message from someone yesterday who told me not to settle until I can find someone who wants what we want too. We have only been looking for a few months now so I just need to learn some patience. It has only been 4 days since I last heard from S. I guess that I just got spoiled when communicating with D as it was close to daily at least an email. I am waiting for S to respond to my last email on the 7th.

I am probably just trying to rush things again. Also, he did tell me that he isn't poly, he just wants to do some threesomes and his wife is okay with it but doesn't want to participate in one. I just don't think that's what I want.

Last edited:
Well, I just let S know that we talked and decided that we need to wait until we find a poly guy as that is what we want. We don't just want someone to play with. He or they are out there somewhere and when the time is right, we'll find him/them.

I realize that we may not both like/love the same guy and so we may need one for him and one for me. If he wants another woman, that's fine too as long as she knows that I am aware of her and that our marriage comes first for the sake of the kids and because we love each other very much.

I have orientation for B on Monday afternoon. I am kind of happy and sad at the same time. My first born is officially starting school. I mean, I know she ail still be at home with me but it is a rite of passage for her and I am proud of her but I also know that it means she's growing up on me. In 2 more years, Q will be old enough to start school too.

Ugh, M's truck is broken again. Life isn't going to be much fun for awhile. I have to tell M that he needs to start packing his lunch again for work and that is going to be a battle but it saves us like $2000 over the course of the year if he must takes leftovers or sandwiches.

I don't think that he realizes how it all adds up over the course of the year. I am not lokong forward to the confrontation though. Wish me luck that.

Well the total came to $143 less that we thought. We will be okay now. We still have to be careful and he still needs to start packing his lunch because that will save us a lot of money per month that can be put into savings as emergency money.

It's just that over the past several months we've spent close to 3k on broken trucks and hot water heaters and locksmiths, etc. Also, the water bill is due every three months and July was one of them. Add in B's school supplies and, we ran into trouble.

I would really be happy if our luck could change sometime soon. His business is starting to look promising but I'm not holding my breath.

I think that we will be taking the dog back to the vet soon but I have no idea how we are going to pay for it. I'm crossing my fingers that he starts doing better now that he's off of he meds he was on and I've been amble to get him to eat and drink some. We'll see.

Nothing else to report today.

Well, this has been a hellacious weekend. The dog either has end stage lymphoma, 1st stage lymphoma with immune-mediated hemolytic anemia or what we are crossing our fingers for, primary autoimmune hemolytic anemia. We won't know anything for several days. If he responds to the steroids and his liver comes back from failing, we can have a lymph node biopsy and find out for sure. If he doesn't respond, we will assume end stage lymphoma with liver failure and we will humanely euthanize him later this week.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that it's only the autoimmune but if it's the autoimmune and early lymphoma, if we can get him into remission, he could have another 2 or 3 years of good quality life. Needless to say, poly was not on my mind much this weekend.

We bought B's dance stuff today with the money that my cousin gave us for it. We got her 1 pink and 1 black leotard, 2 pairs of pink tights and her pink leather ballet slippers (half off!) and her basic black tap shoes.

Update you later.

Well, Bear made it through the night and seems to be continuously improving. His vet said that it is looking promising that it is only the autoimmune and not Lymphoma!! We should know more over the next couple of weeks or so. We have to get him out of the liver failure first. We have our fingers crossed that he continues to get better and we can get him into remission from the autoimmune attack and then he can be managed with meds and diligent care.

B starts classes soon. She is very excited and so am I. N comes back from her sweeties' house tomorrow night and B has a park day on Thursday so that should be fun. M has a meeting tonight so he won't be home until late. I need to head out and buy some more dog food before it gets too late. I hope that it doesn't cost too much.

Well, I misunderstood the vet yesterday, Bear had a toxic exposure. He had a yeast infection in his paws and so he was put on prednisone and Ketoconazole. Well, the Ketoconazole has to be crushed and put into a fat which is usually wet food but Bear wasn't really eating so we went with 2-4 tbs of peanut butter. He got that along with the Ketoconazole for 14 days and on day 13, he also got his heart worm and flea medicine's.

The combination of all of these factors as peanut butter has aflatoxin *sp* in it that people and most dogs can handle normally and the Ketoconazole which is liver toxic as well came together in a " perfect storm" and overwhelmed his liver. He is much improved already and should continue to improve over the next week and a half or so. He will go in for bloodwork on the 30th just to make sure we aren't missing something.

B now has her teachers assigned for school and I have contacted her main teacher and will be talking to her on Friday about B's individualized plan including moving her up to 1st grade la/phonics/handwriting and possibly math. She did her first math lesson today and was quite bored as it was identifying and sorting shapes and she has been doing that since
before she was 2 years old. I have a feeling that she will be testing through most of the math and only go over few areas
that she is weak in like calendar skills and subtraction word problems.

We won't be pursuing anything poly ATM, we need to get the finances figured out first.
I'll keep you posted on if anything develops there.

Last edited:
Well, the kids had lots of fun at the splash park, Bear continues to improve and M has a potential better paying, closer job. Just maybe our 4 month bad luck streak is over. Our wedding anniversary is in 2 days and we cannot afford to do anything. :( I plan to make a nice dinner and then idk after that. We shall see.

Our wedding anniversary is in 2 days and we cannot afford to do anything. :( I plan to make a nice dinner and then idk after that. We shall see.

Our 20th was yesterday and we don't have any money either. I'm packing the car with food for 2 days and we are just going to go driving in the mountains. We will have the bare essential camping gear and will just see how things turn out. My husband loves being spontaneous, me not so much, so it's taking everything I have not to reserve a hotel or camp site.

I mean literally no money. I have $12 in my bank acct until the 31st. M has an automatic savings transfer soon that I will then take and use for food. We've just had too much break lately plus the dog almost dying doesn't help. We will probably play Settlers and perhaps I will indulge his bdsm side as that is the night of our monthly meeting and we can't go.

I mean literally no money. I have $12 in my bank acct until the 31st.

I've been there - recently even. If it wasn't for a cash gift from my mom, a hotel would be out of the quesiton this weekend for us too (still may not happen).

I'm still trying to figure out how the dryer, water heater, and the car conspire together to break down within weeks of each other.

I'm glad your dog's issues have been figured out, and it was just a reaction to the meds and peanut butter and not an actual disease!

Could you go to a food bank for some staples until your financial situation improves? Does your family qualify for food stamps?

Back