This is a lot of work. (TP's story, when she feels like updating)

So I might be getting a little brother??

AWESOME

I remember reading about a Himalayan tribe where brothers would marry the same woman and bring her to the family farm and live all together happily ever after.

So now you only need a sherpa.

I like lying less!

Mr. A visited his family today. I'm not sure how it came up, but he told his parents kinda sorta about me and Indigo.

Well, it was one plausible "scenario" we'd thought of to explain our living arrangements. He told them that Indigo and I live together. That he's my ex, and the breakup was amicable, but we bought the house together when we were dating. And that we live together because it's financially beneficial.

He told them that he and Indigo get along well and have the same sense of humour, and that the three of us hang out.

They were actually okay with this. His mom said that if our (my and Indigo's) relationship works for us, who were they to judge?

:eek:

This is better than I was expecting. They are nice people, but more judgmental than I'm comfy with. The family also tends to be quite critical of who is doing what, working where, dating who, etc. to the point that Mr. A was happy his cousin had met his fianceé online because it paved the way for us.

Indigo did point out that broken up and living together was quite different from married and dating their son, but still ... if they hadn't been okay with this scenario, then they certainly wouldn't be alright with the truth.

I still feel crummy for lying, but it's not my choice, really. At least it's less lying.

It's sometimes such a fine fine line with the lying. :-/

I'm a big one for being completely honest. I HATE lying and other than that I suck at it too. LOL

But then I have a world where I don't have to explain anything to anybody. My mom is old and we don't talk about the specifics of my relationship with my husband. I don't have anyone to explain anything to... but then I don't have family I share days and holidays with either. My m-in-law most likely doesn't know but she knows her son and I doubt she'd be surprised. We just haven't been in the position to HAVE to explain anything yet.

Long story short (sheesh), I understand where you're coming from.

Fantastic weekend

Mr. A was up this weekend. In fact, he's still up! He wanted to stay another night, but didn't want to impose on Indigo and me. I told him I was fine with it, but he'd have to check with Indigo himself. Indigo said he was rather sheepish and didn't even get to asking before Indigo caught on and offered.

Ah, what wonderful men I have in my life!

Mr. A and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend. We went to the Keg. It was pretty awesome! It's so nice to order a rare steak and GET a rare steak. Mmmmm. Oh yeah, and the company wasn't half bad, either!

Thank you, Indigo. I wouldn't have another wonderful person in my life if it wasn't for your bravery and selflessness in taking this journey with me. You've grown so much in the last year, and I am so proud of you! I love watching you take your own happiness and wellbeing into your hands.

Funny story for the rest of you ... I commented to Indigo that it had been a while (several months) since he'd expressed worry that he was "boring" and Mr. A was exciting and interesting and we did neat things together. I was expecting some sort of profound statement realizing self-growth on Indigo's part. No, he said that he noticed that Mr. A and I were just as "boring" together as Indigo and me. :p

Funny story for the rest of you ... I commented to Indigo that it had been a while (several months) since he'd expressed worry that he was "boring" and Mr. A was exciting and interesting and we did neat things together. I was expecting some sort of profound statement realizing self-growth on Indigo's part. No, he said that he noticed that Mr. A and I were just as "boring" together as Indigo and me. :p

LOL. It is kind of a profound statement considering a lot of newly nonmonogamous people worry about being boring while the new person is exciting! :)

LOL. It is kind of a profound statement considering a lot of newly nonmonogamous people worry about being boring while the new person is exciting! :)

Yeah, he didn't believe me months ago when I said I LIKE being boring. Maybe now he believes ... :rolleyes: Hehehehe.

Fuck

Mr. A got a callback from a job in Peace River. That's halfway across the country and 5-6 hours from the nearest major city.

The types of questions they were asking are the questions you ask a very very short list of candidates.

Last night, I was devastated. Today, I'm not quite so. It would be an amazing opportunity for him. It will break my heart.

We will know in the next few days.

Okay, so the job opportunity people said they would call today if he had the job. And that if they didn't call, he did not get the job.

And ... no phone call! I am still very, very hesitant to believe he's not leaving. Maybe they will call tomorrow. :mad:

Here's the thing though, assuming he didn't get the job, he is moving in! Because any job he would get would require a commute of roughly the same length and the rent he would pay us is much cheaper than his current living expenses.

Holy fuck. I could be living my poly dream soon. :eek:

What a roller coaster this week has been. *sobs*

Best wishes, TP! I really hope he ends up moving in. It's very exciting! Can't wait to read about it like I did with RP's story :D

Okay, so the job opportunity people said they would call today if he had the job. And that if they didn't call, he did not get the job.

And ... no phone call! I am still very, very hesitant to believe he's not leaving. Maybe they will call tomorrow. :mad:

Here's the thing though, assuming he didn't get the job, he is moving in! Because any job he would get would require a commute of roughly the same length and the rent he would pay us is much cheaper than his current living expenses.

Holy fuck. I could be living my poly dream soon. :eek:

What a roller coaster this week has been. *sobs*

You're a star TP. Live the dream, love the journey.

I made a really nice beer butt chicken tonight, with baby red potatoes and a Caesar salad. We watched a movie together.

Now, Mr. A is finishing the dishes and Indigo is putting away laundry.

How odd ... my husband is folding my boyfriend's undies.

I want your life

So very very badly. It sounds amazing. Yes, I'm sure challenging at times etc etc. But, holy cow. Kudos to you and your's.

Back