yay, I'm finally here!

donalditsronald

I am a 20-something single straight man living in southern Sweden and very recently out of the poly closet. Having browsed through the "glossary and definitions", it appears that I am a poly virgin and, obviously, currently on the lookout for two or more HBBs :p

Seriously though, being new to this stuff I guess I'm mostly here to learn. I've had only mono relationships, and poly crept up on me within the last year while I was still in one. It started to feel like "the logical thing" to me, much in the same way that I think bisexuals consider being bi as very logical as well. The then gf was initially very averse to the idea but gradually eased up. Well, it didn't actually lead to any third person ever entering the picture so whatever.

I came out to my family a few weeks ago, I was a little nervous because we don't really capital-t-Talk but it went very well, and quickly too! My older brother's wife immediately told me I could bring two dates to their wedding party :) and my younger brother took the opportunity to say that "in that case" he's poly too, but I'm not sure how much actual thought he has given to it.

Anyway. No love interests yet (although there is is this very cute girl...) so I've got no more stories to share or advice to ask. But I'd like to make myself properly introduced all the same.

Ah Sweden. My family originates from there. My wife and I wish to visit in the near future. Welcome to the forum and I'm glad your family took it all so well!

Hi donalditsronald,
Welcome to our forum.

You're lucky to have such an accepting family; lots of polys have to stay in the closet. Anyway, it's great to have you on our site, and I hope you will make yourself at home here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back