The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I'm doing....bleh.

One one front, it's all roses. LoveLeigh and I are still enjoying each other's company when we can, I've been seeing my friends more often, the antibiotics I'm on for my ear are likely saving me from a world of suck, and with the weather change I can go out and practice my Dag fighting more often.

On the other side my job still sucks, I'm hunting for a new one, my ear is still infected because of my sinuses not letting it drain right, my sinuses are just clearing after my yearly "Holy crap, Trees!" stuffiness and being backed up beyond reason for a week and a half, and my depression is kicking in hard for no real reason.

So yea, I know I'm not doing to bad at all, but that's not how I feel. Damn it all.

@Runic Wolf - That's the trouble with being bi-polar, love, sometimes you're depressed for no real fucking reason. I get it and Wendigo gets it too. We help where we can. <3

As for me, things seem to be looking up. I've had 3 interviews in 2 days and applied to close to 15 jobs in the last couple weeks. I've been spending more time with friends,
but got hurt badly enough that the last fighter practice that I'm sticking to archery tonight. I'm starting to get more face time with Wendigo again too, which is always nice.

Great night..

Feeling pretty good this morning :) I had a wonderful evening with the boyfriend, consisting of him showing me some new songs on guitar, lots of cuddles, talking and catching up on some favourite shows. There were no untimely interruptions this time and no weird feelings. He makes me happy :)

Wondering how the weekend will end with one of my partners meeting up with an ex of hers. Guess time will tell

I'm doing really good this week, had 3 interviews between Wed and Thurs and have 2 more set up for next week. Last night we attended fighter practice with Loveleigh and Wendigo. It was the first time that they spent time together and it seemed like everyone had a good time. Wendigo and I playfully teased each other as we were trading arrows back and forth. There was line battle practice, something we all agree we need more of, and then we all went out for coffee and food to a local diner. I'm looking forward to doing it again next week, especially if I get the same post fighter practice treatment. :D

lazy few days at home with the boys. no agenda. feels good on one hand but I was going to "do stuff" and didn't...ah well, two days of work and then the weekend...

I am so frustrated by work. I am not enjoying myself at all.

Well, if it helps any, you're SO very not alone in that one. Every month there's a re-org, every week major players change, daily players change. I don't have time to make a list of all the schtuff I gotta do. :p

Mentally and physically tired. Can't shake this uneasy feeling that things in my life are about to collapse. Daughter is fighting depression but refuses any help, husband going through a burst of insecurity and jealousy and landlord is thinking about selling so we might have to move.

I badly need a pedicure and a haircut, plus a vacation on a beach wouldn't hurt one bit. Alas, it's not in the budget.

Had a phone convo this week with a poly man who contacted me via a dating site. He's cute. We had been messaging each other for a few weeks, then his schedule got super busy, but finally we caught up and had a nice time talking and laughing. He lives in another state and travels a lot, so potentially this would be an LDR. I think we might hit it off and he's hoping to come to my city next month.

Also been contacted to come in for a job interview at a company just a few blocks from where I live, and I think it might be perfect for me. It would give me income and yet still nurture my business which is floundering a bit, and continue part-time with my studies. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
ill never be the same. she stole a piece of my heart that ill never get back.

Runic Wolf got a job less than 5 hours after his first interview! We're celebrating with fighter practice tonight and then who knows what.

madscientist and another friend from out of town are over hanging out; so far all they've done is surf dating websites. someone shoot me:(
on another slightly less depressing note, I decided to stop ignoring a big part of me, and made an account on a dating site. this time looking for a female friend:D this may note seem like much but it is a huge step for me to admit those attractions and then act on them.

I should be sleeping, but the excitement of the day has me wired. Not only did Runic Wolf get a job, but I finally got cleared to start my second job next week. Tomorrow I get to have a date with Wendigo - we'll be visiting a local fabric store owned by a couple lovely pagan ladies to look at their brocade selection for a surcoat I'm making him over the next couple of months and we'll have a couple of hours of adult time before Yoda gets home from school. Then I get to spend the evening with Runic Wolf, Loveleigh and her husband, Shiro. I'm psyched about all the wonderful people in my life. :)

I'm rather content at the moment, actually.

I got a new full time job, for starters. Put in an application and in record time got a call back for an interview the next day. Did the interview and 5 hours later had a job. It'll end up paying much more then I'm making now after the 90 day trial period is up. The work doesn't sound like it's too hard, and it's a small business, so it's a "Take care of us and we'll take care of you" situation. Seems like a good improvement from my crappy dead end, part time retail job to me.

LoveLeigh and I are doing very well. She's taken an interest in some of my hobbies, and we've been exploring our mutual hobbies some. Even though I know I'm in NRE I've been trying to control it, and failing on occasion, it's been hard on me. I don't want BrigidsDaughter to feel too neglected. I know how it feels to have a spouse going through NRE pretty severely. LoveLeigh and Shiro have spent the night several times, and each time pulls our little knot together more. I'm just glad that everyone involved seems to like each other. Makes things so much easier when everyone gets along, right down to the kids.

We gathered up our little poly tribe (BrigidsDaughter, LoveLeigh, Shiro, and his girlfriend) and hit up a local Indian place for a dinner with some other poly people. Was good hanging out like that and having good conversation.

So, yea. New job, things going amazing with the girlfriend, and life working it's kinks out slowly after all these years.

I got a new full time job, for starters. Put in an application and in record time got a call back for an interview the next day. Did the interview and 5 hours later had a job. It'll end up paying much more then I'm making now after the 90 day trial period is up. The work doesn't sound like it's too hard, and it's a small business, so it's a "Take care of us and we'll take care of you" situation. Seems like a good improvement from my crappy dead end, part time retail job to me.

Good for you! Yay! I wish you all the best with it.

I have an interview for a job tomorrow. I hope I get it. It could be perfect for me. Not feeling so great today, so I hope I can change my outlook before I go on the interview.

LoveLeigh and I are doing very well. She's taken an interest in some of my hobbies, and we've been exploring our mutual hobbies some. Even though I know I'm in NRE I've been trying to control it, and failing on occasion, it's been hard on me. I don't want BrigidsDaughter to feel too neglected. I know how it feels to have a spouse going through NRE pretty severely. LoveLeigh and Shiro have spent the night several times, and each time pulls our little knot together more. I'm just glad that everyone involved seems to like each other. Makes things so much easier when everyone gets along, right down to the kids.

We gathered up our little poly tribe (BrigidsDaughter, LoveLeigh, Shiro, and his girlfriend) and hit up a local Indian place for a dinner with some other poly people. Was good hanging out like that and having good conversation.

So, yea. New job, things going amazing with the girlfriend, and life working it's kinks out slowly after all these years.

You're doing just fine with the NRE honey. :) Thanks for putting up with her sister and kids on Friday so that Wendigo and I could have some time together. I promise I'll make it up to you! :D

As for me, I just finished getting caught up on all my case notes and monthly statistic reports because Runic Wolf distracted me from working all day with season 1 of Game of Thrones. Once more I'm awake past my bedtime and not really tired. Thinking I'll read for a bit so I can get some sleep before I have to wake up and take Runic Wolf to his new job so I can work tomorrow afternoon. Excited to be meeting with my new supervisor to set up my new work schedule tomorrow and hoping that we can get my car fixed asap so we don't have to figure out rides for much longer.

Back