Hey Everyone!

nerdlove060309

Happy Sunday. Just found this site, and I'm happy I did. We recently haven't been having much luck finding our "Lady Unicorn" and was hoping for some other polyamorous friends to at least connect with. We have been using OkCupid, and even though the site is semi-poly friendly, the community is not. Many people are stuck up about it. So just reaching out for people to talk to I guess, maybe find a love interest. Also interested in talking vegan/vegetarian. :)

OKC is decent for at least trying to find people on a similar wavelength...though as I expect you've already discovered there's sometimes still a very small pool of people who are accepting of people outside the mono-stream. It may be a long wait, so be patient.

Welcome to the Forum.

Greetings nerdlove060309,
Welcome to our forum.

We have a Dating & Friendships subforum you may find useful (if you haven't been there already). I tried OKC for awhile and didn't have much luck. Perhaps Google "Arizona polyamory" and see if there are any local groups in your area?

I am happy to answer any questions I can. Hope you find our site in general to be helpful.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you both for the welcome! We're just excited about making new friends who understand the aspects and dynamics of all that is poly. Explaining it to mono people gets old. And maybe we will be lucky enough to meet someone special. :)

Have you ever considered dating separately? Unicorns are so rare, and then, when you do think you've found one, she usually turns out to be a pony with a fake horn glued to her forehead.

Poly can be extremely enjoyable dating as individuals. Sometimes after you date separately for a while, one of your OSO's might develop feelings for your partner. Then a triad can develop naturally, not as a pre formed requirement.

Oh man, that was quite hilariously put. And so very true! We have run into those fake ponies before.
We have considered dating separately but that's really not the relationship dynamic we are looking for, so we don't have an issue waiting. We're still young and hopeful. Lol.

Good luck to you! we date seperately, and while open to a unicorn..they are rare. lol. My spouse is hopeful, but i have a bf and would only be interested in flings with himand a gf he finds, ive got enough love and dating on my plate! OKC didnt work out for spouse either :/

Back