Hello!

Jessie

Hello everyone! :)

I am an adult female and I want to learn much more about polyamory. I understand some of the basics from doing on line research on the subject but I am very interested in knowing more about this lifestyle. Online research gives facts if you find the right website but doesn't deal with many of the nuances of this lifestyle.

Is someone willing to talk to me about it? If so you may contact me here or at the email address posted on my profile.

Thank you in advance,
Jessie

Welcome to the Forum Jesse.

Just out of curiosity, is your research interest here purely scientific or more of a personal nature? Or something in between?

Hi ImaginaryIllusion

I guess I didn't make that clear huh? I do apologize. I fancy myself to be an author but have nothing published in hard copy. I have published some short stories and novellas on a particular erotic website.

My interest in polyamory is more personal than scientific. It originated with a documentary I viewed on cable TV. I was intrigued at the prospect of loving more than one person at a time in a committed relationship.

Most recently I am working on a novel that I hope I will post on that same erotic website. Several of the characters in my novel practice polyamory within a select small group of adults. Many of them are also nudists. They all reside in a private community and are wonderful people. I enjoyed a comment I found on a naturist website recently. The person said he was a nudist not stupid! He said he was a nudist when practical and wore clothing when necessary!

Their struggles are from negative press, horrid attitudes of narrow minded individuals and dangerous actions from others who try to do one or more of them harm in some way. One character (who is not a member of the polyamorous group) tries to kill another simply because they disagree with the polyamory lifestyle. Such is the nature of hate huh? Rest assured that horrid character will be dealt with appropriately.

Although I do not practice polyamory myself I would never say or do anything harmful or offensive to anyone who does. I believe I need to understand the lifestyle better (from a personal perspective not an impersonal documentary or written article on the subject) in order to make my characters' actions and reactions believeable.

Thanks for replying so quickly!
Jessie

Welcome

Hello Jessi and welcome.

Research away !

But like many things - what's really the best or only way to really know the depths of a topic.
You know the answer to that - don't you :)

Enjoy - and feel free to ask anything.

GS

Thanks GS!

Thanks for your help and openness!

The primary polyamorous relationship in my novel is a man with two women. He (Tom) and one of the women (Julie) are totally immersed in the polyamorous lifestyle and philosophy while the second woman (Peggy) is younger and new to the concept. Julie is also bisexual and is involved with a third woman (Betsy). Betsy is exclusively lesbian but her love for Julie is not threatened by Tom. Tom encourages the relationship between Julie and Betsy and his love for Julie and Peggy are not threatened by it in any way.

This dynamic has the potential to work out well for all but I am wondering what might be the pitfalls of such relationships. Does this scenario sound realistic? What is your opinion?

Thanks bunches! I have more questions but this will do for starters.

Jessie

This dynamic has the potential to work out well for all but I am wondering what might be the pitfalls of such relationships. Does this scenario sound realistic? What is your opinion?

Thanks bunches! I have more questions but this will do for starters.

Jessie

Hey Jessie,

Here's a novel idea.
How about you slant the whole story towards the POSITIVE <wink>
Life is full of pitfalls and relationships probably more-so. Poly, mono whatever.

All the drama is what gets the press (including on forums like this) and poisons the general public's attitude and potential outlook against the concept of polyamory.
Most of the many people living this way happily get little attention, keep below the radar and are capable of rolling their eyes when they do run into all this drama.

Only a thought............

GS

Welcome to the forums and ask away! I'm somewhat new to poly stuff, so alot of the initial jealousy and difficulties are fresh in my mind, but since we've all been able to talk and work through them? It's been so worth it, I'm happier than I've ever been!

P.S. Your positivity is awesome GS *hugs*

Back