What you listening to Now :

"Bleeding Rivers" by Copper Wimmin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwTGpiv7Zs

I first heard [a piece of] this on an episode [the final scenes of 3x09] of "The L Word" and had to search it up IMMEDIATELY. A SHAME that this [mostly] a capella trio split up and there´s little or no information to be found on Internet on the solo careers [if any] of the individual members!

(I´ve listened to it about 18 times this evening. Not the first time that I´ve set it as THE song to listen to while typing e-mails or on blogs...)

Had some amusing, yet heavy Devin Townsend on just a bit earlier, with some Ziltoid The Omniscient. Humorous lyrics, without skimping on the Metal. You could actually take it quite seriously, without the comedic story.

Had some amusing, yet heavy Devin Townsend on just a bit earlier, with some Ziltoid The Omniscient. Humorous lyrics, without skimping on the Metal. You could actually take it quite seriously, without the comedic story.

Ahhh, I love me some heavy Devy on occasion.. Good things come from Canada :cool:

My two recent love affairs [=P] have been with Beyond Creation - The Aura, and Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony.

Really indulging in the heavier side of things a fair bit lately. Since starting up my own project, I've been getting some great influences from the stuff.

If I could stick with a genre for more than five minutes, I'd have something more specific to say. Severe musical ADD lately.

Movement and Location

I've never really had much interest in bluegrass music itself, but some of the so-called "alternative bluegrass" groups have caught my ears.

I very recently stumbled across Punch Brothers and have been listening to their album, Who's Feeling Young Now?, for the last week.

"Movement and Location" is astounding, just for the range of what can be done with acoustic instruments - mandolin, fiddle, banjo, guitar and double bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxaPbOEm070

Their song, "Patchwork Girlfriend", is amusing . . . perhaps especially for people interested in non-monogamy. At the very least, it suggests how complicated even monogamy can be, depending on who all is involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MtujO99Czw

Last edited:
Mmmmm - Music.

I'm currently in love with Stumbleine, Alt-J, Lapalux, Charli XCX, Azealia Banks Blue Sky Black Death & Purity Ring. Dance party commencing in my livingroom right about now....

Got some In Flames on for the first time in a long while. Sound Of A Playground Fading, of all albums. Not a particularly fantastic one, but I've been needing the melodic stuff a fair bit. It's been messing up my writing influences, to the point I'm writing a lot more melodic music myself, but it's not to be helped when you're in this kinda mood. =P

Hey, wow, a music thread!! New to this site and exploring...

I'm not going to have anything original or avant-garde to add in terms of artists, etc. But I am a single mother to two teenage boys, and just wanted to say, music is what we DO when they're with me (they're with me half-time). Alot of moms of teen boys complain that they and their boys struggle to find common ground... but in my house, the common ground is music. We sing and play guitar all weekend, and it makes us feel very close (not just the boys and me, but the boys to each other). We get to relate to something together, even though the truth is, a woman in her forties and boys in their teens really DON'T have much in common. I have a girlfriend who is a songwriter, and she says the same thing about her house. Her kids (all teen boys) ignore her all week, but on the weekend, they make music together.

One of my boys loves new country/americana (which is hilarious, because we live in Canada, where country music is decidedly unpopular with teens). The other boy has tastes that range from rap to punk to opera and everything in between.

The most recent song we all learned together on guitar was Rise Against's "Hero of War". Before that, older son and I were learning to sing the operatic "Conte Partiro"!

On a bit of an Opeth kick after having seen them live with my boyfriend this past weekend...man what a great show that was :D

On a bit of an Opeth kick after having seen them live with my boyfriend this past weekend...man what a great show that was :D
Very jealous. Still not seen those sexy fellas play!
But now I feel the need to go put some of their stuff on. =]

My music

Caro Emerald most recently. Usually it will be older rock from the 60's and 70's. The Who, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Led Zeppelin etc. Some classical. Also influenced by the husband so you can find me listening to Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, System of a Down, Rammstein, Serj Tankian's solo stuff. Then there's Motown, and The Four Tops (oh Levi, I'm so in love with your voice!). Major plans to discover the music of David Bowie, Talking Heads, and the jazz divas of yesteryear at some point in the near future :D

Kim xxx.

Back