The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Welcome back, Jane Q! Glad to hear that vacation was nice.

Spent the weekend talking with old high school acquaintances and listening to a friend going through the break up of her Triad. Why don't we teach GOOD communication skills and conflict management in school? We just do what we grew up seeing and can't comprehend how others can respond differently than, say our parents did. It took me until I was 40 to figure this out and am playing catch up to try and teach my kids some new skills before they wreak havoc on the rest of the world in a year or two.

Why don't we teach GOOD communication skills and conflict management in school? We just do what we grew up seeing and can't comprehend how others can respond differently than, say our parents did. It took me until I was 40 to figure this out and am playing catch up to try and teach my kids some new skills before they wreak havoc on the rest of the world in a year or two.

Hm, interesting that you mention communication as a subject. Was just discussing this bit with a fellow student and both of us mentioned how beneficial all those lessons are, we need to spend on communication, rules for debating a subject, possibilities to make a point in a discussion and so on in our Philosophy classes :) It's becoming a obligatory subject slowly around here and I definitely think it is necessary as well.

To not derail the purpose of the thread: I am doing fine, we just spend some hours discussion possible names for the future child and my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be? I am afraid that they won't have a say in this matter if they keep at it like that :rolleyes:

Cindie, I am so glad about your new job opportunity. I hope it's enough to cover rent and utilities. Do you have food stamps?

Fingers crossed for much success and less worry!

To not derail the purpose of the thread: I am doing fine, we just spend some hours discussion possible names for the future child and my men are nuts ... they want to name him (if it becomes a boy, we already have two names for girls) James Tiberius ... honestly, how geeky can fathers possibly be? I am afraid that they won't have a say in this matter if they keep at it like that :rolleyes:

My dad's side of the family has about a million "John"s... First names, middle names, girl's middle names, they are everywhere. So.. I told Keith that if we ever have a son I want to name him "Obadiah Juan." I still get the John in there (albeit in a different language) but then we can call him Obi Juan! Cracks me up every time, and I actually really do like the name Obadiah/Obi. :D

I like James Tiberius as well... lol I'm gonna side with the men on this one.

I like James Tiberius as well... lol I'm gonna side with the men on this one.

km 34, you wouldn't believe the unbelievable big smiles this just brought to their faces ... *sigh* But I don't want to name my child after such a character. It's not that I don't like the sound or the combination of the names or Star Trek as such but ... honestly, he is bound to become a nerd like that or an emperor or something along those lines :rolleyes:

Doing pretty damn good right now. I have Wendigo sleeping at my feet, almost literally on my feet at the moment and Runic Wolf at the other end of the couch playing Skyrim. We just found out Runic Wolf got his 90 day raise and then some, so I have to find an approriate way to congratulate him. Looking forward to some gaming tonight with our friend who is coming over too. For the rest, check out my blog. :)

After the troll thread in Introductions, whoooo boy, am I grateful for my metamour. Not that I wasn't before, but that kind of hate makes a girl really appreciate people who don't pull that shit. Even at our worst, the three of us still own who we are and what we've done to get where we are. That's something to be proud of, I think.

I dunno if I'm allowed to just jump right in here but since reading the past like 10 pages or so I feel like I know you all and that it's only fair if you get to know me too.
I am in a blah mood today. I feel like I should be in a great mood since my first week and a half of having my business open has gone better than I ever expected, plus my replacement Nook came today so I can finally get back to reading Game of Thrones, and I'm not necessarily in bad mood just kind of floating in the blahs. I really like the idea of poly and am interested in a mono guy that lives nearby but I still am like teetering on the fence and I think that is hat has me down. I'm glad hubs convinced me to join this site though, it has helped quelm some of my fears about everything!

Feeling worn out today, finished up my first 25 hour work week since December around 2 pm today then had to head to the beach for my niece's birthday party for a few hours before picking up Wendigo for our post Ragnarok meeting which ended up running 2 hours longer than expected. So basically I left the house at 8:15 this morning and got home at 11pm. It was awesome to see everyone again and hang out over Chinese buffet, but I am glad to be home even if Runic Wolf did have to run out to visit a friend immediately after I got home from taking Wendigo home (I dropped him and the kiddo off on the way to Wendigo's house b/c the kiddo was getting tired.)

Feeling hopeful and positive. A neighbor of mine who knows a lot about all my trials and tribulations in dealing with my divorce, finances, and job searching, came in to where I work yesterday. I started this job about three weeks ago, and she had stopped in a few days ago as well, and we had chatted briefly that day. Anyway, yesterday she said, "You look great! I haven't seen you smile in so long." She said she even told a mutual friend of ours that she saw me and that I finally looked happy. Even though it's just a crappy, low-paying, part-time job, it has made a difference in my outlook. I think just having somewhere to go, feeling useful, and connecting with people several times a week, is part of why so many men have been interested in me lately. It's true, I wasn't smiling for a long time. And I got my first paycheck yesterday - it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I still need to find more work in order to support myself, but she really made my day by telling me that.

It's a quiet, contemplative morning for me.

I'm wishing that I could have a cup of my guy's delicious coffee. Reflecting on our weekend of celebrating milestones, I am in awe of the patience, understanding, strength, support, passion and love that he offers me. Truly unconditional and accepting.

We have been through so much and remain committed to making this less-than-ideal situation work for us all.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

Now...time for coffee (not his, booooo!), then off to the gym I go!

Tired..

Considering I'm off work for a week of vacation with the family, I'm not nearly as bouncy as I should be. I've actually been feeling kind of down today and tired.

Tired of feeling like I'm swimming upstream in my relationships. Hubby is making a lot of new friends lately who are a decade younger (or more in some cases :S) and wanting to spend more time hanging out with his new 'peeps', making me feel kind of...tossed aside.

And the boyfriend's wife has been acting a bit more...what's the right word? Not quite jealous but...possessive (?) lately, making me feel somewhat guilty of the little time I get to spend with him. Poly is sure a lot of upkeep. Hoping a week of relaxation helps me see things in a better light.

Excited :) My parents got married today. :) I am very happy for them, and for myself, as my dad coming back was always something I dreamed of growing up.

Very thankful for this site and the things I have been able to learn. I now seem to be surrounded by poly peeps and have needed to help some friends through some "shit hit the fan" poly drama. Because of what I have learned here, I have been able to be supportive and helpful to my friends.

I am super sleepy but trying to stay awake. I have a potential client I've been trying to talk to and she's finally online. At 11:30 at night >.<

I got into a pretty heated argument with someone who told me my marriage doesn't count and I am going to end up harming my children for life because I am pursuing this type of lifestyle. But in the process I stuck up for a friend who recently had a 3some with her hubby and another girl and who I think has a very poly out look on love. I was hurt over the way the woman talked about poly, especially since she clearly has no idea what she's talking about but I am thankful that I have enough education in this to help out a friend that is going through issues.

I've also decided that J needs to stay in the friends category. I would love to have him as a lover but he just doesn't understand the poly way of thinking and I realize someone would get hurt if I tried to pursue it. Probably me.

I'm doing good today.

There's up days and down days.

Unfortunately it's been an unrealistically drab, rainy and cold summer which is NOT a good thing for me.

I'm on the fence regarding some things-but my poly household is going smoothly.

It's flat amazing how much calmer it is with all of the extra people gone!

Just me, Maca, GG, Sweet Pea and Sour Pea. :)

How am I doing...

You know, I'm doing pretty damned good right now. I'm past my 90 days at work and I've been kicking so much ass at my new job they added a little bonus onto my 90 day raise. I still love the work and the people there. I think I've found a good match, job wise. Feels good to hand over a paycheck that's more for one week of work then I was getting in a month at the last place.

Socially things are going well. Had some people come and go in my life and I can't say any of them are bad. I've come out on top with each one. Old friends reconnected with, bad things leaving. All around it's been going damn good even if romantically my options are still as closed as ever.

Emotionally I'm doing better then I have in years. I feel better, have a more positive outlook on things, and my depressive swings are shorter and less severe. I do feel a bit worn on occasion but that's probably more to do with me not sleeping right then anything else.

Physically i'm getting stronger and more used to actually working all day. My callouses are coming back with friends and all the standing, walking, lifting, and working has helped me strengthen my hip which leads to less pains there.

About the only thing going wrong right now, really, is my sleeping. I keep having these terrible dreams or randomly waking up for no real reason. Usually it means, when it's like this, is that something is bothering me or the like and I just need to figure out what it is and adjust.

But over all? Doing great.

I am enjoying my day off today after working for four days. My parents & I will being going to a movie theater to watch Brave with captioning. We're excited to see it.

I am doing great so far since I broke up with the deaf boyfriend. I wanted to see if I can remain single for a time being, hopefully for more than two months.

I use to hate the idea of being single, and I use to have the needy feeling toward men. Where I don't last long with the single life. Now that I'm taking medication for over a year, it changed a lot of things. I find myself less needy for men, and I had to learn to get use to it and find ways to enjoy myself.

Yesterday, I had sudden feeling of "tired of dating", despite the fact I've only dated twice in the past month. I guess, while most part of me is enjoying the single life, other part of me still nags me to date or find a guy. SIGH.

Other than that, I think I'm doing great. Currently searching for a place to live, to move out of my parent's house. Possibly being roommate with my co-worker, who wanted to move out of her parent's house as well. Wish us luck! We already have three appointments to see three different apartments. So, we'll see.

Back