What you listening to Now :

The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Hair

(did you know Diane Keaton was in it?)(and Meatloaf)

and it's making feel all angsty. for some weird reason 'Three-Five-Zero' got stuck in my head this morning, and then I wanted to hear it; couldn't find it on my iPod, so I dug out the CD.

I'm old.

Old for digging out a CD? =P Wow, I must be ancient. I still have a couple of tapes. XD Hahaha.

no, silly, old for the subject matter. Have you heard it? Seen the movie? I saw the original touring cast performance. The company was sued in my state for indecent exposure or obscenity or something. It was so very radical at the time. What makes me sad is that it is STILL radical, for crying out loud. We're still watching the long long armies drifting home, only now it's fucking normal.

I saw a production of Hair a few years ago, and it was slightly traumatic. It was a bunch of kids who had no idea of the meaning of the show. It was CAMPy. People look at now as something to re-do with camp; instead of a wake-up call. I'm certain it woke a lot of people up. Not everyone. I was eight or nine, there wasn't much I could DO.

Sorry, this is a nice little thread, it wasn't my intention to go all maudlin.

The black boys/white boys are so sexy song(s) is perfect for camp, and fun.

Meshell N'degeocello

Sia, "color the small one" (album)

Supreme Beings of Leisure

Been listening a lot to Septicflesh's 'The Great Mass'. Such an intense album right through. Been trying to find a good copy of their 'Communion' album, but it's proving difficult. Amazing band though.

A friend of mine got me to listen to some Emperor too. So far, 'IX Equilibrium' is a great album, but I'm just not into the Black Metal "production" style. Very single mic in a tin can kinda sound. But Emperor seem to have tried getting a little out of that with this particular album. Their live stuff on youtube really got me going though. Metal guitars sounding the way Metal guitars should sound.

Meshuggah - Koloss (just love the track "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" for some reason..)

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius (really high quality metal..and they're French too. Surprised me in a good way.) **Thanks for that suggestion Somegeezer :)

Meshuggah - Koloss (just love the track "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" for some reason..)

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius (really high quality metal..and they're French too. Surprised me in a good way.) **Thanks for that suggestion Somegeezer :)
Koloss. Only listened once so far, but gotta love Meshuggah. Good album. Reminds me of Catch 33 and a little bit of Nothing.

Gojira, only the best album ever. ;D Glad you enjoyed that one. Not long til their new album! "L'Enfant Sauvage", only 2 months away! [exactly from tomorrow] ^_^

Gojira, only the best album ever. ;D Glad you enjoyed that one. Not long til their new album! "L'Enfant Sauvage", only 2 months away! [exactly from tomorrow] ^_^

But who's counting...lol. And yeah I read up on Gojira to find out which album was considered their best work before downloading it. I wanted to get the best first impression possible...and I did :)

But who's counting...lol. And yeah I read up on Gojira to find out which album was considered their best work before downloading it. I wanted to get the best first impression possible...and I did :)
Well it's definitely hard to say which is best best. I certainly think that one. But The Link is also right up there. Their newest one, The Way Of All Flesh has a different sound to it to those 2, but is still heavy as. I expect something similar to that with the new album. The first album, Terra Incognita, is of lower quality production, but the songs are amazing. The Link Alive DVD has a few of the songs from that album and The Link [obviously], and the Terra songs sound just as good live as The Link songs. Also Jean-Michel has a sexy bass in that DVD. ;]

Nightwish!!

For some reason Celtic Woman just came up on the playlist .... that was a shocker.

Symphonic Metal to Bagpipes ....

and I can't stop laughing about it either!

Nightwish!!

For some reason Celtic Woman just came up on the playlist .... that was a shocker.

Symphonic Metal to Bagpipes ....

and I can't stop laughing about it either!

If you like Nightwish, have you tried Within Temptation, Xandria or Amaranthe?

Right now I seem to be stuck on British chic music, the lastest being Nicola Roberts, catchy music but very girl pop.

Back