Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 AM

I can't begin to advise you on where to start. Because THAT would be the one thing I am REALLY REALLY good at fucking up. (seriously not sarcastic at all).

But I can tell you-the key to finding happiness is to stop, drop, roll and then get back up.

I was reading something somewhere (probably on here but heck if I know which thread) recently that fits. Not sure how to quote it.

Here are some random thoughts:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (not the beholded).

When you love someone-they become beautiful to you.

An insecure person and a secure person have the same lifestyle.

They both are focused and diligently practice (EVERY DAY) being who they are.
The insecure person focuses on every single one of their faults, failures and weaknesses and becomes more insecure.
The secure person focuses on every single one of their gifts, accomplishments and strengths and becomes a more secure person.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON-EVERY SINGLE DAY chooses to be either secure-or insecure by choosing what to focus on.

IF you are secure but want to be insecure-all you have to do is change what you are practicing from focuses on every single one of their gifts, accomplishments and strengths
to focuses on every single one of their faults, failures and weaknesses.
Same goes the other way.

You are insecure-unsure of yourself and you don't like your life.
So-stop this behavior:

The insecure person focuses on every single one of their faults, failures and weaknesses and becomes more insecure.

And START this behavior:

The secure person focuses on every single one of their gifts, accomplishments and strengths and becomes a more secure person.

It really is-that simple.

You've said that you don't like being told how you fail (I am not getting to specific because you didn't say it HERE).

So Nalena-STOP LISTENING.

Look the dumbass in the face and say "I'm sorry but I don't tolerate abusive, degrading treatment. I might have in the past, but I don't any longer. You can stop now, regroup your thoughts and say something productive, kind, caring and intelligent-or shut the fuck up."
If he continues-leave. Seriously.

No-I'm not kidding. In all the times Maca and I have struggled through-and God knows we've been through some serious shit. But through all of that we've never ever ever spoken to one another the way you've described. Because no matter how mad you are-no one has the right to degrade another person-hell I (and he) went off on another thread about that on this board just today and the person wasn't speaking to either of us!

No point dropping school-can't disagree on that. But don't be stupid about it-don't let "finishing the semester" become putting it all off again "until the next time".