View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
You guys are so brave, Mya in particular, deciding to live in two countries in order for everyone to be happy. I don't know if I could do it.
Aaww, thanks. I guess it must look like a big compromise, but I don't think anyone who knows me will be very surprised about this arrangement. I mean, I love traveling (not just the new places but also the journey) and I also love the country rory and Alec are returning to. Although it's not the same city I used to live in, it's still the same country and I love the thought of spending time there. I've noticed that I tend to think quite similarly in many things: you can have your cake and eat it too. Well, the poly thing is obviously one of them. Living in two countries is another. I love the thought of enjoying the benefits of two different countries on a regular basis. It can get quite tiring after a while but I believe it will be worth it. And then again, if I've done it for so long already, why not add a few more years. I don't know if I could do this forever. Now I'm thinking about the fact that we'll likely live in the same country in a year or so and in the same city in 3 years. It's not too bad. I have faith in us, we can do this.

Last weekend was amazing! Me, rory and Alec traveled to JJ to spend the weekend at our house. I can't believe how much fun we're having! I truly feel like the luckiest person in the world to have these wonderful people in my life, lovers and metamours. On the way back I met Alec's mum and a few other relatives. It was an interesting situation. They don't know about me and rory yet, so I was just a friend. At least now when rory and Alec tell them, they'll know who they're talking about.

So tomorrow is my last day in my current job. Rory is coming here and we're spending the last weekend together before we all head back home. It's been an amazing summer, but the situation has also been very out of the ordinary. Everybody except JJ was living where they don't normally live. Like rory said, it hasn't really felt like a LDR with her, since we've been able to meet almost every week. 2 hours is nothing really. For me it has felt more like a LDR with JJ, because 7 hours is way more and we haven't met every week. Well, it's going to be the other way around from next week onwards, so I'm glad that I got to spend a lot of time with rory.