Thread: Turnabout
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Hell, even if he'd told me it was her, I'd still be mad as hell that he took the call!!!! Unless she was experiencing a true emergency, a conversation about deep issues in his marriage shouldn't get interrupted by his secondary partner/gf/fling/whatever! To me that just shows a huge lack of seriousness and respect on his part...
THIS!!!!

I suspect, he was looking for an excuse to exit the conversation anyway. Give him a better alternative (even if gf hadn't called), let him know it's OK to say "I just can't discuss this over the phone anymore, I need a break. Can we pick it up when I get home?". Such conversations are difficult face to face and even more so over the phone, while driving.

Quote:
The fact that you've lied before does NOT make it ok.
I think I would ask him if the lies are his way of getting revenge for the past or does he really think your marriage should continue to be based on lies and lack of trust. I realize it's probably not that simple, but it took similar harsh words for things to click for my husband about how much damage his "little white lies" were doing to us. He truly didn't see it the same and couldn't understand why I was so bent out of shape. We still struggle with omission of facts and I have to play 20 questions if I suspect that's the case (it's not always intentional).