View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
He's not only my friend, he's one of my inner circle of very best friends, and I love him with all of my heart. (He was just here with me for a brief visit.)

None of us see things with perfect clarity, knowledge and insight in every realm of life. We're human! Yes, he has growth areas to work on.
I wasn't trying to say he's not a worthwhile person at all and I very much agree what you've said. However, I'm taking issue with his assertions. I know these are interwebs conversations, so it's hard to parse what the actual words and meanings were. I'm trying to say that I don't think his issue is with polyamory, but with women. That seems to me to be his real blind spot and a sexist one -- a reliance on pseudo-scientific generalizations that conflate biology with socially constructed categories. So we go from women not being inclined to poly, to women being "materialistic" if they are. Neither is based in nature, neither is accurate.

Last edited by Chimera; 08-23-2011 at 11:45 PM.