View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
What you don't realize in the lack of response is that we have heard this before and it takes time to conjure up an opinion. You might want to do a lot more reading on here before jumping to any conclusions that no one is interested in responding. Besides your crazy life is just words to us. We have our own shit going on and if anyone replies at all you should be thinking of it as a gift not a right.

Having said that I think your boyfriend has NRE for poly. He needs to look at that. It sounds like he hasn't really met any of the women he has been flirting with. Take it from me honey, there is a big diffference between on line and real life. VERY different! I think it is totally unacceptable to ask to stay over at someones house at the end of your holiday. Met all three of you maybe but not stay over. He may find her repulsive! Then what! I did that once and had to pretend I was sick and fly home. A nightmare.

I'm appalled that he isn't fighting for you! Good ridence if you ask me!
Hi Redpepper. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone on this forum, and I wasn't assuming that no one was interested was replying. I was sincerely making a comment that perhaps the people with stories like mine weren't reading this "New to Polyamory" category or maybe not reading my thread in particular. I tried to convey a little light-heartedness about it with the smiley face emoticon.

I do REALLY appreciate all the helpful responses I received so far.

My boyfriend is reading this thread as well, so it has been helpful for us to both have a better understanding of what is going on with each other.

I understand very clearly that he has his own needs, just as he understands that have my own needs. This is why I am not offended that he isn't fighting for me. And as I stated in my last post, we have an extremely deep level of trust and communication--we both know that we each have each other's best interests at heart. That is why I have no fear of him lying to me or betraying me. But I'm not going to try to control what he wants or needs, and it's not his fault if I don't fit into that. Believe me, he and I talked about all this.

As for your comment about my boyfriend not really meeting these women, we had a good chuckle about that this morning. I know for a fact that he has met both of them. As for the woman he flirts with, I do have an opportunity to meet her during our trip in January, that is if I still go. In fact, because of the circumstances of our trip, I wouldn't have any other choice to have at least run into her. And I am actually fine with that.

Last edited by celiset; 10-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.