View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I will be the first to admit that I do feel somewhat "attacked" by this sudden left-turn from discussing poly to discussing child-free, however i take complete responsibility for those feelings and do not expect people to walk on eggshells around me.
Etc...
I am sorry you feel that way. I don't believe that the topic has take a left turn, so much as people were easily able to identify with one of the divides that RP mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
One that is divided between "child free" and those with children.
. Perhaps that is because this particular divide is pervasive in our society and not just in the poly community?

My own experience with our local poly community has been limited, but I did not feel that I was lumped into a particular category. At our last meet up, there was a wide age range, varied life experience, those with children and without, educated and not, etc. Personally, I belong to a number of different circles and have always easily found commonality between them. When meeting someone new, I always try to find one thread of common interest and go from there. I have friends that I do not talk politics with, but have great conversations on religion. Those friends that share I share parenting experience with do not necessarily understand *my* parenting, nor should they. Their child is not my child. The same goes for many other areas of divide. We are all individuals, it is important to respect both our differences and our commonalities. After all, if the world was all the same, it would be a very boring place.