View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I recently was informed by two separate couple friends of ours that their weddings would be child free. They didn't want me (or our son, who they adore) to feel bad. My response was, "okay, we weren't planning on bringing him anyway".

I can completely understand our friends who do not want to have children; some of them honestly shouldn't. I do not understand the people who treat those who have children (and those children) as if they have caught some sort of infectious disease.

The thing is, there ARE people who ignore those instructions on invites because they think that they are the special exception.

The reason some people act like their friends with children have an "infectious disease" is because it is quite common for people who would seem to make "cool parents" turn into self-centered self-righteous fucking assholes (for lack of a more concise term at my fingertips - although some of the more choice ones would certainly peg me as one of "those" child-free people) once they have spawned.

I hope this post is taken in the spirit of trying to help you understand something you said you do not understand, not as an "attack". I will be the first to admit that I do feel somewhat "attacked" by this sudden left-turn from discussing poly to discussing child-free, however i take complete responsibility for those feelings and do not expect people to walk on eggshells around me. Just be ready to hear some pretty "harsh" sounding things from my end if the discussion continues along these lines.

Amen.

Awomen.

Etc...