Thread: Hello from NY!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
But he ALSO seems very self-focused like nobody else's needs or feelings matter. I can STRONGLY (very strongly) sympathize with the desire to become a parent, but that does not excuse you loosing your humanity and treating people badly. When your whole attitude becomes "WE are going to become polyamous, but all of the decisions about how we're going to be polyamorous are going to come from ME," then you end up with worthless polyamory.
AMEN to you! I couldn't have said it any better myself. I DO understand his desire to have children. I want them too! I had always thought that I would have had my children by now (actually by 25, which I'm past). A couple months ago he told me that a friend of his (and their wife) from High school just had their first baby. He went on and on about how he's the only one who didn't have any children. I told him that we are NOT going to play "keeping up with the Jones's." Until now we simply have not been in a position to have children (other than my fertility issues). He has said that he didn't think about the logical (wrong word but I can't think of the right word) reasons as to why we don't already have children.