Thread: new wrinkle
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Its hard not to think you will "make her pay" after reading what you have written in the past. Its hard to trust that you are genuinely empathetic now.
I agree. I don't know where this "she's the mother of my children" thinking is coming from. Everything else you've ever written about her would indicate that you've lost all respect for her and are still hopping mad about everything. In fact, I'm not sure you have much respect for women in general, as human beings and individuals. When you first started posting here, you seemed so wrapped up in how much money you spent on her and the marriage. I doubt if you could ever see a woman as a partner, you seem to think that paying for so many things gives you privilege. As for your wife, you've already said the romance is gone, so why are you considering this? To lord it over her how magnanimous you are? She might wind up paying an even bigger price emotionally to go back with you because you are still so full of disgust and animosity toward her.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/