View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
You are expected to settle down with a bf or gf very young now. If you don't, either something is wrong or you're a slut. :shrug:
Slightly off topic, but it is relevant to current twenty-somethings' viewpoints, I think...

This reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday with a younger girl in one of my classes who was surprised that I got married at 23 ... she thought that was really young for someone to get married. It was just a little weird to me, I guess, because it seems to me that when people find someone in college and then graduate, they'll get married. It just didn't seem that unusual at the time...but I guess that was just my own perspective.

However my husband and I were living together for three years before we got married, and most of that time, we were living with a male roommate. I never felt like a slut ^_~ The only time I had to defend myself was to my grandparents when my grandma commented that if we were living together, what surprises would be left after we got married? ...why would I want to have surprises after we got married? Wouldn't I want to know what it was like to live with this person? =P