View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:09 AM
BrigidsDaughter's Avatar
BrigidsDaughter BrigidsDaughter is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 822

Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
I know about the antibody test , but up here it is not available through general health care. I don't know about the private clinics. It seems the gov has pretty much given up on herpes and HPV, focusing instead on gonorrhea and chlamydia which can cause infertility and thus are vital in the fight to promote national interests and high natality .

Yep, Vanilla managed to score that too. Her partner's comments? "Well I did wonder why my tongue felt sore, but didn't think much of it".

Thanks, will try to dive into that with some depth later. But it seems that there is too little definite information on how HPV contracts that it's pretty hard to protect against .
You can get a shot of Guardasil here in the states that protects against HPV. It is now mandatory (at least in NY) for all girls at the onset of puberty and recommended for boys (who can carry and transmit it to girls). Much like the menengitis vaccine is now required for college entrance.
Reply With Quote