View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcx3 View Post
I wouldn't thing twice about him having unprotected sex with them or even telling them he loves them, because I love them so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
This is the strangest sentence I have read here in a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcx3 View Post
I guess it strange, its an unexplained thought i think...
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I see a bit of a red flag with the unprotected sex bit. It's kinda premature it seems and a bit rash... well, a lot rash to me. Bareback sex is more safe with a poly fi situation where everyone has been tested several times over the course of a year and has been seen to be trusted to keep their word. . . . It kinda scares me that you would think of allowing these women access to someone who is fluid bonded with you when you seemingly have NO IDEA where they have been, who they have done and what they have....
Yeah, that's why I commented on it. JRCX3, you didn't seem to understand why I pointed it out. It sounded like you think loving them very much is enough for you to allow sex without condoms. It's not. That's rather a foolish stance, so I hope you just meant that as a way to emphasize how you're feeling, but that you wouldn't actually allow it without testing regularly and building up to that place of complete trust and commitment, and so forth.

The part about not thinking twice is what caught me. You must think twice, three times, and four times or more if you want to be polyamorous! Also, your comment about being okay with him "even telling them he loves them" is a bit weird because that's what poly is about. I don't think anyone should embrace it without being okay with their partner loving others.

I guess we are taking the wind out of your sails, but that's a good thing, and hopefully something you'll forgive us for. Better to have your feet firmly on the ground if you are really going to live polyamorously.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 08-04-2011 at 10:32 PM.